This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A library to bring the joys of non-systemd users to systemd users

Surely it is always a good thing to have more options, but to use systemd isn't. Too many different things have been merged into systemd, too many things depend on it. Take libsystemd0 for example, the same library contains, among other things, functions to notify systemd about service state changes (sd_notify), and functions to log messages using journalctl (sd_journal_send). Those are some completely unrelated things which belong into different libraries, so they can be replaced easily. Not to mention, there is a standardized logging function interface available using syslog which is implemented by a lot of logging libraries, and sd_notify is totally useless if all services are written in a somewhat stable way. And no, a service must be able to handle when another service is temporarily unavailable, that's nothing a service manager should do, that would only make services unstable.

Read more here -> https://github.com/Daniel-Abrecht/****_systemd
    systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
    Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10
Working...
X