Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third week in July and it was 59F this morning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third week in July and it was 59F this morning.

Wow! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Brrr same down here.

Comment

41 C (105 F) here.

Comment

Having a mild summer so far down here in swampy Savannah Jaw-juh, it was only 88/31, and dry. I did a quick paced 30 min pedal to see the doctor, and I barely broke a sweat. It is normally in the mid to upper 90s/36+ with 95+% humidity. There have only been a few days like tat so far. It was a cold winter, as well. Snow, even.

Comment

59F ... ouch!

It's mid-winter here in NZ and we're getting that on a warm morning just now (but not many of them). Been a few frosts this winter so far, but no snow (doesn't ever snow here in Cambridge, Waikato).
          Last edited by Rod J; Jul 25, 2018, 10:59 PM.
          Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
          Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Been raining here every day for the last two weeks and mid 80s to low 90s (28-34c ). It's a bit muggy to say the least!

Please Read Me

Comment

Here in Lincoln, NE it's been a cool and relatively wet year so far. Usually by the later half of July it's 85F at nite and 95-100F during the day, and bone dry. In Sept of 1961, at York, NE, 50 miles west of here, I was a freshman at that college. The two weeks of September the nite time temps were in the upper 80s and the day time highs were 105. No air conditioning in the dorms. I took an average of four showers a day to wash the sweat off and keep cool.

Currently, at 11:26AM, 7/26/18, it is 77F and that may be the high for till next Monday, with 20-60% chance of rain during that period. I've never seen the trees, follage and lawns more green or more luxurious. The automatic sprinklers have come on only twice so far this year! And, so far, few thunderstorms and no tornadoes!

Five years ago the lakes were at their lowest levels since the 50's, lawns were brown patches and water rationing was enforced. The air was constantly filled with dust and all the experts said it would be like that or worse for decades to come. I saw on a Pluto documentary channel that the panhandle of Alaska had the heaviest snowfalls in decades this last winter, with some places reporting over 52 feet of snowfall.
              Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 27, 2018, 11:02 AM.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

It's just climate fluctuation and--some say--the approaching Maunder Minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
                  It's just climate fluctuation and--some say--the approaching Maunder Minimum.
                  The sun spot cycle seems to agree with that.

Comment

We're burning up here in N California; fire to the north & fire to the south

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
                    Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Originally posted by jpenguin View Post
                      We're burning up here in N California; fire to the north & fire to the south

Saw it on the news. Also saw a report that they caught at least one arsonist. Were there more?

Comment

I'm just south of weed, the klamath fire is north and affected several people we know & the Carr fire is to the south- very populated area https://www.facebook.com/crisisrespo...05517282955600

Comment

Originally posted by jpenguin View Post
                          I'm just south of weed, the klamath fire is north and affected several people we know & the Carr fire is to the south- very populated area https://www.facebook.com/crisisrespo...05517282955600

Facebook blocks your site unless I join. No chance of that!

Comment

:-) just some stats about the fire. 39000 acres, only 5% contained, 5 dead, a dozen mia...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...729-story.html

Photo isn't mine, taken across town

Comment

I'd wager that the smoke in the air makes it tough to breathe.

Comment

Working...
                              X