Opinions: warp.dev AND Spacedrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions: warp.dev AND Spacedrive

After 20 years of using CLI, warp.dev has changed the way I do work (I do not have BASH script capacity). What are your thoughts?

I’m hearing positive reviews on a new (only in alpha) cross-platform file manager which one could use in place of Dolphin. It’s called Spacedrive. Anyone tried it? Might be nice to try in a VM. Spacedrive has no AI component unlike Warp which accepts natural language inputs.

BTW, I use large fonts because I'm low vision.

never heard of either of these before you mentioned each one. There are dozens and dozens, even hundreds of such things out there, so there is that.

Originally posted by linuxusr View Post
    I do not have BASH script capacity
    Not sure what you mean.
    What is wrong with bash? I don't know it at all, but making a simple script for simple actions is not hard at all (copy-pasta !! )

Why would one need AI or similar in a file manager?

BUT there is always fun new stuff to play with, that is for sure.
    Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      never heard of either of these before you mentioned each one. There are dozens and dozens, even hundreds of such things out there, so there is that.

Not sure what you mean.
      What is wrong with bash? I don't know it at all, but making a simple script for simple actions is not hard at all (copy-pasta !! )

Why would one need AI or similar in a file manager?

BUT there is always fun new stuff to play with, that is for sure.
      Have fun!
      I was just saying that I gave up on learning BASH scripting because my brain is not up to the task such that I could excel at it. For sure, "copy paste" is the stand in M.O. for those who are not experts. Sure, and there would be no reason to employ AI in a file manager. But warp.dev has changed the way I work with Linux and I hope you do try it out. The website is, in fact, http://warp.dev and the terminal is referred to as Warp. It is both elegant and powerful and a joy to use.

Comment

Working...
      X