Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At home again

Dear fellow Kubuntu nerds,

unfortunately I had been seriously ill during the past weeks and (therefore) had rarely access to an internet connection or my computers.
    But now I am finally at home again and have started updating all my systems.

Today I have also updated the information in Overview: Kubuntu, its parent and some of its siblings (I will have a look at Kubuntu Focus 24.04 soon) and during the coming days I will read all my PMs and have a look at the discussions I had been involved in.

Have a nice morning, day, evening, night,
    SK
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Welcome home and welcome back to KFN. May you successfully continue in your recovery.
    Linux User #454271

Comment

Glad you're on the road to recovery. You were missed.

Please Read Me

Comment

Good to hear that you are recovered and wish you continued health.
        Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Welcome back, S-K. It's all about good health, isn't it? Sometimes that's not clear, until it becomes clear. I think many of us here can relate.
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Welcome back! Hope you get better and better every day!

Comment

Missed your insightful posts, Schwarzer Kater ! Get well soon
              The next brick house on the left
              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Very glad you are feeling better, welcome back.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words!

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                  […] It's all about good health, isn't it? Sometimes that's not clear, until it becomes clear. I think many of us here can relate.
                  Yeah… 20 or 30 years ago I would not have wasted any thoughts about health ("live fast, die young" ) - but nowadays it becomes more and more important (or better, as you wrote: the importance becomes more clear) and puts many things in another relation…
                  Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
                  Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
                  install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

@ S-K, yep age has a lot to do with it! Never gave it much thought up until age 50. Age 50 seems to be where the 'red zone' begins for many people!
                    Yeah, live fast and die young.
                    Problem with being young is ... you're moving in the fast line 7x24, but ... not quite sure where TH you're going half the time!! 😲😅😎
                    Last edited by Qqmike; Jul 24, 2024, 03:02 PM.
                    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                    X