Linux Mint 22 Cinnamon Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Mint 22 Cinnamon Beta

Earlier I installed the Linux Mint 22 Cinnamon Beta on my old ThinkPad test machine! So far I haven't run into any problems or bugs, it Just Works (tm)

Even on that old machine, which must be about 14 years old, it runs very smoothly!

I'm looking forward to the final release to update my Beelink Mini. The newer kernel in this release has better WiFi/Bluetooth support for that machine!

Test machine specs:

ThinkPad Edge 14 0578CTO
    Core i5 520M
    8b RAM
    500Gb Transcend SATA SSD
    14 型(インチ) WXGA (1366x768)​

Constant change is here to stay!

IMO, setting aside my love of Plasma, Cinnamon is probably the best DE for general use. I heard a very experienced user describe it as "not getting in the way of the work I need to do..."

Please Read Me

Comment

I used Mint for a couple of years. Yeah, Cinnamon worked (then) and it (and Mint) never got in the way. It was totally unimpressive (then), but I haven't tried it since then. I'm not burning with desire to change from Plasma/KDE, which is not only easy on the eyes but also completely reliable - from my point of view.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Yeah, I really like all that Plasma has to offer, but I wouldn't hesitate to suggest Cinnamon to someone looking for a really usable DE.

Please Read Me

Comment

I run KDE Neon on this machine and Mint Cinnamon on a Beelink Mini PC that I have downstairs. Different use
          cases so different desktops and choice of software. I could get away with just having LibreElec on that PC
          though!

Comment

The great thing about the 6.8 kernel in this release is that I don't have to install the RTL8821C driver for my WiFi,
            it's now baked right into the kernel!

Comment

Working...
            X