This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Kernel from the repository today

That usually means it was a security related update. Check your repositories, just in case...
    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

But not for 18.04?
    https://news.softpedia.com/news/cano...s-521065.shtml
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

I'm still running 16.04 and my repositories are possibly different than yours. Run update manager and see if you have a kernel pending and/or some Intel Microcode. I got both this morning. Yesterday I got generic microcode.

18.04 is still too new and I don't want to use up my working drives for that testing. I'll give it a month or so.

I did test the live install of 18.04, found some screen tearing which was bothersome. DO NOTE: that was the LIVE USB, not a full disk install.
      Last edited by TWPonKubuntu; May 09, 2018, 10:48 AM.
      Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Yup.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Mine went to 4.13.0-41
          If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
            Mine went to 4.13.0-41
            mmm... That gave me pause to check my Muon history. And there it was, -41 as well.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X