X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixxx - Interesting DJ tool

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/04/17/a-...-in-gnu-linux/
    Mixx can be found in many distro repositories, or installed in Ubuntu via PPA:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mixxx/mixxxbetas
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install mixxx
    https://www.mixxx.org/features/

Click image for larger version

Name:	feature_skins_deere.png
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	649312
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

You thinking about starting a new career??

I pay to see that !!!

Please Read Me

Comment

,,,Well ,it's ,Mixxx master G in the place to be , busting the beets for the linux famly, from the front to back and the back to the front, were dropping our canes like digital rain , throwing back a shot of that free FOSS beer , typing in caps YA WERE ALL HEAR , typing up a script and letting it slip , into the hands of the com,munity , then one more scratch from the Master G .

te he

but I am going to DL this and play with it a bit .

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        ,,,Well ,it's ,Mixxx master G in the place to be , busting the beets for the linux famly, from the front to back and the back to the front, were dropping our canes like digital rain , throwing back a shot of that free FOSS beer , typing in caps YA WERE ALL HEAR , typing up a script and letting it slip , into the hands of the com,munity , then one more scratch from the Master G .

te he

but I am going to DL this and play with it a bit .

VINNY
        A. w. e. s. o. m. e.

ROFLMAO

Please Read Me

Comment

LOLLLLL!!!!!!! both of you!

My older grandson is in Nashville and working for a producer doing mixing. He gave my wife and I a demo a year ago, showing how he took a demo tape from a guy, playing a guitar, who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket and after adding his magic, and autotune, he made the guy sound like frank sanatra fronting a 5 piece band with a dozen backup singers. Unbelievable. One can't believe anything they play on radio or TV these days.

I would DL it and play with it but I can't hear music well enough to enjoy it.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Now that I am sorry to hear (no pun intended). I can recall many parts of my life when a particular song plays that sends me back to that time. Music has been a time keeper for me.

My grandfather was almost totally deaf, he claimed, from working construction (no ear protection in those days), but he also had a sister deaf at birth. My home town - Olathe KS. - is the location of the Kansas State School for The Deaf and why my family settled there. At my age now, I remember my father reporting to me that he could hear the constant sound of crickets in his ears - an experience I am now having also. My father never totally lost his hearing but he wasn't exposed to the constant noise his father was. Hopefully, I won't get any worse either. I only hear the "crickets" when I'm still and nothing around me is making noise. I have noticed a heightened sensitivity to sharp or loud noises. A nearby loud clap or bang can cause me physical discomfort. My (first) career as an Air Traffic Controller required that I wear an ear piece for 6 hours a day or more for 25 years- one of the worst things you can do to your hearing. I survived by keeping the radio volume at an absolute minimum and forcing my co-workers to be quiet around me. It didn't make me popular at work, but I could care less about that. I don't blast the volume in the car anymore either - even when it's a favorite song.

Anyway - sorry I went off topic.

Please Read Me

Comment

Hearing Crickets doesn’t sound good if none are around.

I love music, especially classical music. Another roommate introduced it to me in college and I became a fan of it. Would play it loud enough to feel the Bass drums on my chest. That and years of shooting without hearing protection did a number on my cilia. All my fault.

My wife, on the other hand, despite a hole in her right eardrum, can hear a pin drop on a carpet 50’ away.

Comment

LOLLLLL!!!!!!! both of you!

My older grandson is in Nashville and working for a producer doing mixing. He gave my wife and I a demo a year ago, showing how he took a demo tape from a guy, playing a guitar, who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket and after adding his magic, and autotune, he made the guy sound like frank sanatra fronting a 5 piece band with a dozen backup singers. Unbelievable. One can't believe anything they play on radio or TV these days.

I remember this story , from another time you told it , your memory hasn't gone that far dave

I also have the crickets/ringing in my ears @oshunluvr but lowed enough to hear over moderate background sound , years of construction and lowed music

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

"dave"

See now, Tom, I can't even remember if a I told a story before!

Comment

"dave"

See now, Tom, I can't even remember if a I told a story before!
                    no mater dave , it was perfectly appropriate in this context as well

As to Mixxx , besides it being a fully quantified DJ tool , it's quite fun as a music player .
                    I'v been playing with it for an hour or so and have managed to add some FX to 2 decks that are playing in "auto DJ"mode cross fading in a 10 second interval from one to the other as one song ends and the next begins , the FX can be turned on and off with the click of a virtual power button , you can "scratch" by dragging the wave form of the stream back and forth , play the tune backwards with a back button "<" for a few seconds by holing it down and continues forward on release (this can be great fun done over and over in the same spot) O this thing is fun.

thanks for the "look hear" GG ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nice one

screen shot ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,

VINNY
                    16GB RAM

Comment

mmm... you may have convinced me to install it! Did you find autotune hiding around inside it?

Comment

Thirty years ago when I was a DJ I would have been VERY interested in this.

It is a GREAT APP!!

Unfortunately, since I am just trying to survive the onslaught of Obamacare nationally and the Repubicans statewide...

I tried to use this to make an application to a SCAM of three women at a University who had bilked you and me of well into a hundred thousand dollars at a univeristy

I spent untold DAYS making a "lecture" for them and it was all a scam...

BUT

THE APP...Oh My Gawwwd...

it is MARVELLOUS!!!

MARVELLOUS!!!

for what it does... I do not know of anything else "on the net" that is anywhere close.

woodlikesitsmoke

Comment

The UI is so ... extensive ... I was forced to download the manual to begin to learn how to use it. I'm not as intuitive as VINNY any more.

Comment

Working...
                          X