Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woody: Viewing this thread means that your URL will be reported to the authorities
    I take what I said back about Texas (in the context of chili). Texans may not know wth real SW Mexican food is (you know, that Tex-Mex crap they peddle like beginners in a cooking class). But they do know--so I'm told--how to cook Texas chili with beans and smashed-up hamburger meat. So, nothing bad intended here about Texas. Besides, I didn't really 'view this thread' as I independently came up with the idea to make some chile, anyway.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

LOL!
      My two children were born in Texas and when we moved to Nebraska for my job as an Assoc Prof of Science the kids were enrolled in a speech remedial class to correct their southern drawls.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

This 'winter' storm actually was bad enough here, that churches announced on the news services they would not be holding service today! When is the last time you heard of Church being cancelled on account of weather!? Oh, and it's still snowing!!!!!
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

A church may open in inclement weather but that doesn't mean that all the members will show up. I'm an old Colorado boy and learned to drive on ice and snow in South Denver. But, at 76, and my wife can no longer drive, I don't feel comfortable driving on icy roads even when I am a better driver than most people I see on the road. At least I'm sober and don't text and drive. I don't want to push my limits. And, when I feel I can no longer drive safely, I'll hang it up and use the bus or a taxi.

We've had icy conditions on Sunday 4 times during the last nine weeks, and it is icy today. We stayed home. Two weeks ago, a couple almost as old as we are slid off the road and hit a tree just after leaving the church parking lot. Even seat belted in the passenger side, she took the brunt of the tree impact and received massive bruising over most of her body and a broken foot, and was in the hospital for three days. Apparently the dash came caved in and hit her knees also. Very bruised up. Their car was totaled.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Spring was canceled here in beautiful Southern California, too--as were winter and fall before that! We've had 80s, 90s, and even 100s throughout. I'm sick of running the AC!
            Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

My favourite Chili for years now is this--
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Stagg_Chili.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	643832

All the way from good ol' USA!

I'm not much of a cook ... much better with a can opener!
              Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
              Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Stop complaining:

https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/www..../amp/1.4620543

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

The guy who STARTED the whole thing about global warming has done two things:

a) He has either LOST the hard drive with ALL of the data...or formatted it...

apparently he did not know about USB or CD or external HD backup in a multimillion dollar operation with multiple people working for him,.

b) HE SAID IN AN INTERVIEW...

that he doesn't think global warming is correct...

HERE IS THE PHYSICAL INTERVIEW...not seen in the U.S.

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz5D5nLmp3G
                  Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
                  ALL of the power elites KNOW this...and the MEDIA know it...but the media does not mention it when preaching to the sheeple.

when the media and politicians and SCIENTISTS... say the words "climate change" it s euphemism for "global warming"...

because THEIR REMEDIES...only apply if the temperature is RISING...

my high tech life science technology community college dropped

"climate change" which is the deflection term for "global warming"...

a couple of years ago...

"climate change" has been moved in the text books to a few paragraphs late in the book.

But the academics at the main campus who are english/literature/art/whatever soft stuff teachers...are still making posters and retweeting Al Gore and having discussion groups about WHAT TO DO when the oceans rise and the antarctic melts...

Oh...btw...the glaciers melting... was based on a blog post from a tourist that was touring the glaciers and saw the "face" melting...ummm that is what the face of a glacier does... it ...melts and has been so doing since...

oh when Sherlock Holmes was on "the great hiatus"...

anyway...anybody that believes in global warming or climate change won't have their belief changed in any way shape or form...

notice...the word believe...

it is a belief system...

because they have not done research they have only read stuff...

Here is the list of notable scientists who not "BELIEVE" in global warming ( euphemism climate change) notable for the sheeple is... Freeman Dyson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...global_warming

woodtiredofarguingsmoke

woodaaarrrghsmoke

Comment

That article is a whitewash of Jones.
                    The 2009 & 2012 leaks of the CRU emails AND documents prove that Jones didn’t misplace them in an office piled high with 20 years of misplaced papers and data. In response to FOIA requests and requests by Steve McEntire, a real statistics expert who proved that the hockey stick is nothing more than a graph of red rain noise, Jones emailed his colleagues and recommend that they destroy their emails and data and then claim that the data is unavailable because it is from other governments and not in the public domain

Anyone who has read the HARRY_README.TXT file in the 2009 whistle file will know that the hockey stick is based on purely cooked up data, literally out of thin air.

Comment

cooked up?

disparaging a skillet

thin air?

umm yes in the refined atmosphere of anthing other than a koolaid drinker

YOU...GG...are a TRUE data miner...

my hat is doffed to your much more extensive knowledge.

woodadoofsmoke

Comment

Winter is back!

How cold is it?

https://realclimatescience.com/2018/...ast-100-years/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Frost_of_1709

http://www.climatedepot.com/2018/04/...e-since-1700s/

Grand Minimum between 2020-2050?
                        https://arxiv.org/pdf/1705.04482.pdf

But, of course, a "new study " proves that it is all being caused by AGW, i.e., "climate change", so called by the Global Cooling Deniers.

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley....2/2017GL076587
                        This "thick multi-year sea ice" (wasn't it supposed to be all melted by now, according to Gore and his acolytes) has "broken loose" and cooling down the oceans and threatening sea lanes. Of course, the appearance of species of sharks and fish farther North than has ever been observed before is explained by "Climate Change", a.k.a. "Global Warming", a.k.a, "Anthropological Global Warming" as well. An amazing theory that proves both sides of an event and cannot be falsified.

Anyway, we've frozen our buns off here in Eastern Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                        X