Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft loves Linux so much it wants someone else to build distros for its Windows

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    ...So, it's all Linux's fault? Imagine the gall of Linux thinking it could run on a box designed specifically to run Windows, and all without the help of either the manufacturer or Microsoft.
    Not what I meant at all; Windows 10 is using RAM compression to make these tablets work - if I'd known at the time I might have tried something a little different in Linux. I just learned this the other day while shutting off unnecessary services in my quest to make the thing quit calling home.

Can't blame Linux because the thing doesn't work well; we have pretty much zero cooperation from hardware vendors so most drivers are reverse engineered. There aren't enough people trying to put Linux on these things for devs to get interested in them; that's certainly not Linux' fault either
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

Originally posted by wizard10000 View Post
      Not what I meant at all; Windows 10 is using RAM compression to make these tablets work - if I'd known at the time I might have tried something a little different in Linux. I just learned this the other day while shutting off unnecessary services in my quest to make the thing quit calling home.

Can't blame Linux because the thing doesn't work well; we have pretty much zero cooperation from hardware vendors so most drivers are reverse engineered. There aren't enough people trying to put Linux on these things for devs to get interested in them; that's certainly not Linux' fault either
      I knew you felt that way. I should have put "/sarc" marks around that comment.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Its faster for me to install wine and QtCreator in wine then to install windows.. so if i need to make windows binaries i just open my project in the wine installed qtcreator...
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X