This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CNN directly lied about what trump said 4 minutes later S3 Gear smart watch

I was munching a chicken dog with cheese on rye and boxing up a Samsung Gear S3 smart watch that doesn't work and watching...yes... CNN...

I KNOW you all think that I watch only a certain channel.

They played what Trump said in several segments as he moved along the wall and he said toward the end about "the round tops" on some of them that...

"they had mountain climbers try to climb over and they couldn't". "They" meaning ummm the manufacturers...not the "illegal border crossing people"...

And less than four minutes later the woman that is the main news CHAIR... for CNN who ALWAYS sneers when she makes ANY comment on Trump said...

"So the immigrants have mountain climbers "...and then moved on as usual...

Sooo why? Because people "generally remember the LAST thing that they hear".

But...to actually see it in such a SHORT time frame... :0

Oh...the Samsung Gear S3 smart watch CAN be made to work but Samsung won't say how and it has all to do with the Samsung Messages+ that is on the phone.

There is a "regular" messaging app and also the Samsung Messaging+ app and one has to continually change "the default messaging app" if one inadvertently clicks one or the other.

The Verizon people spent a HEROIC three hours "trying" to get the contacts to sync with the watch and just could not do it.

This is ALL OVER the net this last two weeks with posts as recent as the day befor this posting.

The Verizon people called yesterday and said that it is a known bug and that i should return the watch for full money back.

HOWEVER...it "is a bug", and it "is not" a bug.

One can easily get the contact on the watch by very simply disabling the Samsung Messages+ which only recognizes contacts created on the phone itself.

It does not recognize Google contacts.

After disabling the Samsung Messages+ app then change the normal messaging app to be the default for contacts and messaging.

The change is IMMEDIATE and does not "stop" as is noted on many fora.

One can call by using the Svoice app, by saying the "hello geary guy" or whatever you invoke. One can answer call and stop calls.

I did the above on my own with no knowledge by the Verizon people.

The watch does EVERYTHING...really, I would be keeping it for a variety of reasons except...

It does not work in "the second phone line"...

It took me two days to figure this out, I disabled bluetooth and it worked with wifi. Ditto for wifi and then bluetooth.

But, disable bluetooth AND wifi and the phone is dead in the water except for...

using the button!!!!!

WHAT...!! I asked the people at Verizon about it...and she just kind of "spoke quietly" and said that...people just use the button...

WHAT!!! THE ONE PRIME function of the watch does not work and people pay anywhere upwards of $300 and monthly fees. WHAT!!

So...moral to the story...the watch does work with the caveat of not being able to get onto the second line...which means...well duuuhhh the phone has to be nearby...WHAT!! ??

And...CNN lied...

woodsmoke

PS... the reason i got the watch was because a student has the Iwatch and she said it "just worked" and required absolutely no setup except getting it started at the store.
Working...
X