This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever a critic pans a film I BUY the film Dragon Blade

Forget all your biases against "chop suey" films.

Jackie Chan has shown that he has matured as a film maker.

Now yes...we as "Westerners" can't handle the "milieu" of "Asian history/dramatization"...

But guess what...the "Asians" kind of don't understand "Western history/dramatization"...

Jackie has matured.

Is he on the level of Akira Kurosawa no BUT NOT FOR THE REASON THE ELITES SAY...notice...not think.SAY... critics "gauge" what will collect them clicks but also get them "accolades' from...OTHER CLICK COLLECTORS...

Kurosawa was a "ground breaker"... Chan is... ESCHEWED for being "derivative" ...well... IN LIKE MANNER...so can every single WESTERN producer now... they are derivative of Cecil B. Demil and Alfred Hitchcock...

Chan has matured...in the eyes of maybe HALF of the world...just not the jaundiced eyes of WESTERN people who DESPERATELY have to "collect clicks".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Blade_(film)

woodspentyearsinvariouspartsoftheworldandmaybethee litistsneedtogetofftheiragendasandadmitthatpeoplea repeoplesmoke

Chan was/is an entertainer, and a good one. His name on the billboard was all I needed as an excuse to see his movies. Since he's always been his own stunt man, like Tom Cruise, he has banged himself up pretty good and it is slowing him down. That and old age. Still a great actor, though.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
      X