X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Informal KDE distro poll

If you're a google user only: https://goo.gl/forms/4KXzVzVCFmqrB60w1

KDE based distro poll. I'm not advocating any particular vote, but I'm a KDEneon user. Current tally has KDEneon first with Kubuntu second.

Please Read Me

+1 for Kubuntu
    Linux User #454271

Comment

lol how many arch linux entries do they need it isn't even a "KDE distro". Heck many of these here are not really KDE distros, at least not by default.
      I selected many of them, except for:
      Mint, Netrunner, Maui - Kubuntu/neon derivatives
      Manjaro - too fugly
      Antergos - arch derivative
      Pclos - just nope
      neptune - debian packages for plasma afaik

Comment

You know those Arch folks, other than PCLinuxOS I've never encountered a more feverish bunch of distro supporters. I thought Manjaro was pretty nice though. If KDEneon/Kubuntu fails me (or I get really bored ) I will spend time there next.

Besides, it's a r-e-a-l-l-y informal poll.

Please Read Me

Comment

I spent a year with PCLinuxOS. Nice distro AS LONG AS Texstar is at the helm.
          +1 KDENeon
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

just did my vote ,,,1 each for Kubuntu and Neon .

yup Neon's still first with Kubuntu second 38 and 30 votes respectively...but only 104 votes so far

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Err... Kubuntu forum? What did y'all expect?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_raider View Post
                Err... Kubuntu forum? What did y'all expect?
                ? I do not comprehend your meaning ?

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                  You know those Arch folks, other than PCLinuxOS I've never encountered a more feverish bunch of distro supporters. I thought Manjaro was pretty nice though. If KDEneon/Kubuntu fails me (or I get really bored ) I will spend time there next.

Besides, it's a r-e-a-l-l-y informal poll.
                  I don't understand some of the manic tribalism some people show. I saw some guy on google+ really laying into Gnome devs the other day and I thought if he feels like that over people programming a DE he doesn't like, how does he feel about Pol Pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bings View Post
                    I don't understand some of the manic tribalism some people show. I saw some guy on google+ really laying into Gnome devs the other day and I thought if he feels like that over people programming a DE he doesn't like, how does he feel about Pol Pot.
                    Right? I hate Gnome too but I don't have to go around vilifying it everywhere. When I get into a Windows or Gnome discussion, it's OK to just walk away...

It is funny how, on that list, Arch is listed 3-4 times along with 3-4 more variants. I didn't scan that far down the first time I looked at it. It actually is a disservice to Arch users. Their votes could be spread out.

Please Read Me

Comment

Does that tally include votes cast in this thread by users who don't have, and won't open, a Goog account? *namely, me*
                      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

No, it's a Google product they're using and you have to be signed in to vote.

Please Read Me

Comment

Well, what ever the Neon count is, add my vote to it!

Comment

Decided to go ahead and vote my peace.

Comment

I'm one of those "Arch folks," well actually Antergos - but close enough. I wouldn't say I'm a "feverish supporter" but after using it for a couple years, I can't see myself ever going back to a non-arch distro.

Comment

Working...
                              X