X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went Totally OT

Originally posted by okie2003 View Post
    Well, I think this http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/228838/index.html is the solution. Unfortunately, I broke my system before I could try it. Perhaps this will help someone.

I was getting short on space on my home partition so I moved .local to my data partition and linked it back to home. I don't see why it caused a problem, but Akonadi could not start and therefore Kmail. I still have the raw data, so I am still looking.
    And NOW I remember why I went away from that whole cesspool of Kontact, Kmail, Akonadi, ad nauseum. If you can successfully convert the maildir Kmail to mbox format, you just bring that into Thunderbird, or Sylpheed, and maybe a few other clients. Sorry about the "cesspool" reference, I know a lot of people love that whole KdePIM unified package thing. I ran screaming and yelling from that approach years ago, when Akonadi and Nepomuk robbed the life out of my PC - at that point. I strongly recommend Thunderbird as a mail client, certainly Sylpheed is also great.

This link, https://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/downl...x-windows.html has good info on the subject, also.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

+1
    I had been using KMail against my TWC POP3 email account until I switched to my current ISP and it’s IMAP email. KMail refused to connect either automatically or manually. That was the first time KMail refused to connect for me since I started using it after it was first released.
    I switched to Thunderbird, which I had used before KMail and it immediately and automatically connected.

Unlike POP3, my iPhone email app does not delete an email from the server when I delete it locally. Also, adding or deleting a folder locally on either my iPhone or with Thunderbird is not honored on the IMAP server. But, doing so on the server is picked up by Thunderbird but not by my iPhone.
    This is the first time I’ve used IMAP. My preference is to store my emails locally and keep my ISP folders empty, since I never travel much anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

lol

I was tempted to make a derisive and up from the depths comment, Matilda gave me a rather smiling, and derisive, smoke...HAVE WE NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE...ask Matilda to excuse her broom! GIVE ME A breal./

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
        lol

I was tempted to make a derisive and up from the depths comment, Matilda gave me a rather smiling, and derisive, smoke...HAVE WE NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE...ask Matilda to excuse her broom! GIVE ME A breal./
        What are you actually saying?
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
          What are you actually saying?
          Let me translate for you: "My monthly stipend came in and I spent it all on cheap booze. Now I must post my word-salad/SPAM on the forum."
          If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Guys, let's not devolve into insults. Woody often posts unintelligible (at least to me) things but as long as he's not attacking anyone we let it pass. He has been a contributor (albeit colorful) in the past and we lean toward inclusion here, but we (the forum) expect a certain level of decorum and mutual respect. It would be preferred, if you see a post that is objectionable or violates the Code of Conduct, that you report it to the Admins rather than responding. If you see a post that seems nonsensical it may be tempting to throw in a "What-the-Frank" comment but it's better to just ignore it like I do.

To be clear, I'm not saying I disagree with the sentiment, but I shake my head in private or sometimes PM my friends to comment and leave it at that. IMO, it would be better for all if you attempted to do the same. Thanks.

Please Read Me

Comment

LOL... this is just hilarious...

If certain people had postes certain questions at "Ubuntu MAIN" forums they would have been CURTLY told to RTFM or just IGNORED...

The question has been asked AD NAUSEUM here... so...

I will reply...

This question has been asked MANY times here...and it is a "problem upstream and also associated with Google wanting to control everything"...I...particularly RANTED across several forums a short while ago...the problem was "fixed" and because...

GOOOOOOGGGGGLLLEEE has a thousand employees employed PRECISELY to create problems whith stuff like...LINUX IN GENERALLLL...

You have the same problem that THOUSANDS of other people have it is just that...

Linux people can't really DO anything about it...WE ARE CHUMP CHANGE in BILLION DOLLAR operations...

it may be fixed or it may not

not Linux's fault but people need to make a decission... and it is NEVER STATED IN OTHER FORUMS...the question is just left UNanswered...

If you need to "get on with business" then maybe opt for another app...

or if you are like the old woodsmoker...

I use one app to do "this" and then port to "another app:" to "do that" and then "get on with business'...

I have been ROUNDLY MOCKED AND JEERED... WTF ARE YOU DOING...??

Wellll it is my small way to STICK IT IN THE EYE OF THE MAN!!!...

If you want particulars...I have posted particulars in other subthreads given that Matilda has not swept them out ...

woodHATESproprietarystuffsmoke

Comment

Special ED...I take eXCE{TION TO THAT...I sup only from the cup of my compatrioits!!

Ummmm sorry this is " a Bengal" who was MUCH BETTER at "horse polo" than I...I'm kind of more into bicycle polo or maybe purchasing a "shirt" despised that is BELOVED by the liberals...but he was a worthy oponent...

Ingredients:

½ cup Orange Juice
                ½ cup Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
                ½ cup Rum, jamaica or barbados
                1 qt Dry Red Wine
                ½ cup Lime Juice
                ½ cup Cointreau or Curacao
                Sugar, to taste
                1 Small Bottle Club Soda
                1 bottle Chilled Champagne
                Ice
                Lime Slices, for garnish

Directions:

Chill all ingredients for an hour or two. Then stir together the first six ingredients and taste for sweetness. Add ice, pour in club soda and champagne and give a final stir before topping with the lime slices. Makes about 24 to 30 servings.

Adapted from a punch in a 1946 book, The Gentleman's Companion, by Charles H. Baker, Jr. who says he was given tor original in 1926 by a Captain Ferguson, Late of His Majesty's Cavalry in upper India."

I actually had a great compatriot who rode with Ferguson...and he reported, under his breath, that Ferguson was "rather stuffy"...but that..."He would ride with him into the Mountains of the Moon on ANY DAY"...and that rather says something about...

what is missing today...

woodrodeaHueyandsurvivedsmoke
                Last edited by woodsmoke; Jan 16, 2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Yeah, something is missing. Mainly, have we helped to resolve the OP's original issue? Everything else is a distraction, and not needed.

Comment

Looks sauce related to me!
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yup. Me thinks that his hinges were lubricated a bit much.
                      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                      X