Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said, I know nil about this stuff. I spoke truthfully in describing my phone call (placed thru Jitsi that I accessed by going to the URL that Bings posted on this site). Ubuntu 16.04 is on my laptop. To see if Google-talk is on my laptop, I ran dkpg -l. The list of installed apps excludes Google-talk.

Comment

So you were running Jitsi from the webpage and not the desktop app? That may explain it. I’m going to look into that.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        So you were running Jitsi from the webpage and not the desktop app? That may explain it. I’m going to look into that.
        Yes. It makes sense that they would have ALL of its features working to give users like me a feel for its capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by wtb32141 View Post
          Yes. It makes sense that they would have ALL of its features working to give users like me a feel for its capabilities.
          And there it is!
          I called myself and it worked nicely. I bookmarked the link. I use Palemoon but it wouldn't connect because it doesn't have the WebRTC plugin. So, I switched to FF and it worked fine. Thanks for the info!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X