This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error keeps occurring when I post

Lately when I reply to a thread I'm almost always getting this error when I post:

"Errors

The following errors occurred with your submission
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 27 seconds."
    I do take a while to compose a reply as I'm slow and methodical but even when I haven't deliberated overly much on a reply I get this error lately.

The really funny thing is that the post has actually "gone through" so to speak as if I just close the thread and reopen the page my reply is there. I didn't do that at first and ended up with double posts when I tried again to post the reply.

It seems like the forum software is acting like I pressed the post button twice in quick succession or something like that (I don't think my keyboard is double bouncing as far as I know).

Is anybody else having the same issue?
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

We put you on a time-out.

Kidding!

I have seen this on rare occasions. I don't know if it's a internet-connection-lags-thingy or forum-server-too-slow-thingy or what. I can say it doesn't happen often but when it does, I see it more than once in short order. Next time, take a quick look at what you're doing (downloading 10 files at once or having 40 browser tabs open, etc.) and look at the time. I don't know if you see the number of users on the front page or not, but that would be worth checking also.

Point is, if we had one or two pieces of info, we might be able to figured out what causes it.

Please Read Me

Comment

I see it more often than is necessary. But, for me it is something that happens when I am timed out while composing a response - double whammy!
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
        I see it more often than is necessary. But, for me it is something that happens when I am timed out while composing a response - double whammy!
        Timing out won’t happen IF, when you log in here, you check the Remember me box (just below the login username field). This sets a KFN cookie on your PC (it is a completely safe cookie). This cookie prevents you from being timed out and logged off of KFN after 15-minutes of (what vBulletin sees as) inactivity. Composing a long post; one that might take you more than 15-minutes to complete before you press the Submit Reply button, isn’t concidered activity, so without this cookie set, you get timed out (logged off).
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

O.K., thank you.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Well, I concede that it might be something at my end causing this problem and it would be difficult to pin down just what causes it.

I also have the odd glitch with web pages that don't seem to load fast enough and my browser (Chrome) complaining that there is no internet (or words to that effect) for an instant and then the page loads anyway. Could be some setting in Chrome that needs tweaking or maybe my router is the culprit.

Thanks for the feedback folks! Now, if I can just post this without the glitch occurring again, hmmm.
            Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
            Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

That's odd ... I was going to mark this thread as [SOLVED] but the option has disappeared from the Thread Tools dropdown. It is just under 24 hours since I first posted this thread so I'm surprised the option has "timed out" ... if that is what has happened?

Comment

This sub-forum isn’t configured to make the Thread Solved option available (a choice I made when I set this sub-forum up). The intended content for this forum is such that Solved isn’t necessary. I’m moving this thread to Out of Focus.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                  This sub-forum isn’t configured to make the Thread Solved option available (a choice I made when I set this sub-forum up). The intended content for this forum is such that Solved isn’t necessary. I’m moving this thread to Out of Focus.
                  OK, thanks Snowhog.

Comment

One day last week I kept getting a warning about 'leaving the page' while simply trying to post. It seems to have disappeared now.
                    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
                    X