Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost a couple friends to drunk driving in High School. Back in those days, the cops all knew us and sent us home if we were tipsy. No one I knew wrecked in town. The ones that died were out in the country driving too fast and hit a dew dampened wooden bridge that sent them into the trees.

I did know one kid who died from a gun shot during a drug deal gone wrong.

Please Read Me

Comment

Having been born and raised in Southern California--where we thought we were freezing when the temperatures plunged into the 60s--I am not cut out for cold weather. And I learned that for sure while living in Albuquerque and then Dallas--I was living in Dallas when it had its record low temp, which still stands, at -1 degree. Brrrrr!!! Now that I've been back home in SoCal for 12 years, I find myself laughing at my fellow natives when they're moaning and groaning about how cold it is...when it's almost 70. Ha! I tell them. Try living in Dallas. Then I show them pictures of the ice and snow and my frozen-solid fountains and they feel a little silly. Now I'm thrilled to see snow--from a distance. The magnificent San Gabriel Mountains are near my house, close enough that I can see the snow up there, but far up enough that it never visits me down here in the valley.

THAT is how I like snow!
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
      X