Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your posts. Good, Better, or Best. Which will it be?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your posts. Good, Better, or Best. Which will it be?

Posts answering questions? Good. Posts answering questions and containing examples? Better. Posts answering questions, containing examples, and including URLs or Hyperlinks to referenced external (not contained within the post) information? Best.

“Useful information results from aggregating disparate data and combining it into a unified and coherent source.” (This members opinion)

So, when answering or creating posts that reference external data, please include URLs or Hyperlinks (to the data). Instead of your post being just another piece of ‘disparate data’, it will instead, become a piece of ‘useful information’.

Just my
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Great advice, Snowhog.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Jan 01, 2018, 04:44 PM. Reason: No need to quote entire first post on first reply.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

There you go again, SnowHog, asking people to be logical!

It got me to thinking about something funny, like "sudo apt install askaquestion" and "sudo apt install answeraquestion" ... but in an instant I realized that wasn't funny at all. What if there was a script/app that prompted the forlorn user for their question and automatically included the info that ixni or some other tool supplied, and then created a txt file that the forlorn user could post. Ditto for the answeraquestion.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Last edited by Snowhog; Today at 02:44 PM. Reason: No need to quote entire first post on first reply.
        I'm rusty, Snowhog. Cut me some slack!
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I did. I didn't send you to your room without any supper!
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

You're right!

Comment

The MAN has chided me several times. He is a good man, and I am just an old hardware kinda doof...but what he/she says...should be taken as "advice to those how have eyes to read",...just sayin'...

wonderful posts...ok...better posts...a smaller star...ok posts...the evil eye of saurman will not search you out...but...if they are less than that...you better have a superhero...even if he is a doof...

woosactuallydoeskendosmoke

Comment

Working...
              X