This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Star Wars VIII today

Awesome. 2 hrs & 40 min of pure entertainment!

Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Daisy Ridley (Rey) turned in stellar performances. Adam Dryer as Kylo Ren turned in a great performance. John Boyega wasn't far behind. Carrie Fisher was OK, but mostly bland in her performance. I'm not sure if some of her last scenes weren't CGI.

The plot was outstanding, the special effects were special and there were twists and turns galore! I won't tell you who lived and who died.

Equal or better than The Phantom Menace. IMO.

My son and grandson enjoyed it as much as I did.
    Would I see it again? In a New York minute.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Going to see it this Tuesday.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Awesome. 2 hrs & 40 min of pure entertainment!

Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Daisy Ridley (Rey) turned in stellar performances. Adam Dryer as Kylo Ren turned in a great performance. John Boyega wasn't far behind. Carrie Fisher was OK, but mostly bland in her performance. I'm not sure if some of her last scenes weren't CGI.

The plot was outstanding, the special effects were special and there were twists and turns galore! I won't tell you who lived and who died.

Equal or better than The Phantom Menace. IMO.

My son and grandson enjoyed it as much as I did.
      Would I see it again? In a New York minute.
      Went last Thursday.

In spite of the reviews, this was very well done and made more sense plot wise. Definitively a must see for every fan and non-fan!!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
        Went last Thursday.

In spite of the reviews, this was very well done and made more sense plot wise. Definitively a must see for every fan and non-fan!!
        Why would non-fans want to see it?
        If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

In some; maybe even many; senses, this was a patchwork of elements used in the prior episodes. Star Wars fans will have noticed that; those who have never seen Star Wars, ....

That said however, this was a visually fun movie to watch. I think it was better than the one that preceded it. I'm interested in seeing what will be done in Episode IX (well, the ninth (and last?) movie in the series). Will the Rebels be triumphant? Will the Empire fall and the Republic rise again? Will the Jedi be reconstituted?
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
            Why would non-fans want to see it?
            Simply put based on reviews that state only die-hard fans would enjoy I say the film has enough merit that even non-fans would enjoy. So why not state non-fans? All should see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              I'm interested in seeing what will be done in Episode IX (well, the ninth (and last?) movie in the series). Will the Rebels be triumphant? Will the Empire fall and the Republic rise again? Will the Jedi be reconstituted?
              Nail Bitter!!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                Went last Thursday.

There is evidence that the bad reviews are fueled by bots:

https://qz.com/1160551/the-rotten-to...may-be-rigged/

Comment

Yeah, I heard about that. Don't know if true or not but if it is, sad, very sad.

Comment

I don't believe it. It is so easy these days for anons to make outrageous claims, or to take credit for something that may or may not have happened.
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                    X