X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 - The Year of Linux

Or, practical advice on switching to Linux:

My "Year of the Linux Desktop" was 1998.

Lunduke chastised Jim Zemlin
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Sep 18, 2017, 11:51 AM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

I am so DAM@ tired of "the year of Linux"...

I am now " a lecturer in anatomy and physiology" and I cannot do it on a Linux system

I have, pursuant to that, purchased the HP "foldy thingy to make a tablet" because "out there in APPLICATION LAND"... It is "the multi-decades of Microsith".

Yes, "Linux" is doing all that stuff "down under" but...the world runs on microsith

BUT...btw...our "IT ADMIN" has in "her signature" that the college is doing Windblows and "Linux"...

but only in the guts...

Windblows rules the "high end MONETIZED application world" and anybody who does not accept that is clueless.

Yes...as long as we "do this and that"...then yes..."Linux is the boss" but otherwise...no

woodaKDEFANBOIsmoke

Comment

My "Year of Linux" was 1998.
      I haven't used a WinXX system in 9 years because Linux can do everything I need to do. And, I CHOOSE to use software not written by MS. As time progressed just about every niche has a Linux replacement.

Does your IT gal allow Linux computers to connect seamlessly to the campus network?
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X