This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Cambridge test for Liberal Arts degree in 1802

Equally interesting is the next question on the test.

I doubt that today a single Liberal Arts major could answer either question.

It says a lot about what was expected of Cambridge graduates 215 years ago.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

I am lecturing in anatomy and physiology at an online college that uses this and ...

they are SO FAR BEHIND THE U.S. that they are AHEAD of the U.S. in terms of...

ummm...knowing the sh#$#.

THE LIBERALS HAVE SO SCREWED U.S. EDDDICATION that the people in the U.S. HAVE NO CLUE...

I mean...I have "viewed" lectures in Chicago and New York this last month...

it is not what I taught in my stooopid doof little doof school for twenty years...

the powers that be have "inflated degrees" for so many decades that the only option so that they could retire ten years ago...

that what WAS taught in high school is now taught in MEDICAL SCHOOl...

MY CLASS ( they gave me one to "check me out" ) is ...FULL...and guess what...

they are spending ten hours a day studying because I am sitting on one side of the monitor in "go to meeting" and grilling them face to face...

AND...IT IS BEING RECORDED... if they can't answer the question..they are SCREWED

COLLEGE PROFESSORS picking their nose and scratching their A## are going to live out a very nicely career funded by the useful idiots...

and guess what...

I am being paid...

ONE THIRD what that old doof woman or man is getting to sit on his or her A##

But ...MY students will be shoving a drip into your arm...so just WHO do you want...

woodissotiredoftheliberalcraps,plke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post

the powers that be have "inflated degrees" for so many decades that the only option so that they could retire ten years ago...
      I read that over 50% of Yale and Harvard graduates do so with "Honors" or "High Honors".

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
      MY CLASS ( they gave me one to "check me out" ) is ...FULL...and guess what...

they are spending ten hours a day studying because I am sitting on one side of the monitor in "go to meeting" and grilling them face to face...

I went from written tests to oral evaluations myself as a means of judging the progress of students in my college science classes. No cheating, no BS answers ... If I suspected that they were weak in an area I'd probe it more thoroughly. I'd record the results of the evaluation and give the student recommendations for further study. They'd get tested again in their weak areas, plus the new stuff. Those who were not performing to expectations were advised to use the drop & add before their GPA was affected.

At the HS level I used my computer to create a question pool from which I could produce 25-30 tests of equal difficulty but with different questions presented in different orders. Each test had its own grading strip, which I cut off the test before I handed it out. It stopped the jocks from not coming to class on test day and then extorting the answers from the nerds that night.

But, the big challenge was making class interesting and educational at the same time. But, with science and math that was easy.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X