X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube artist posts first AI music

The YouTube music artist, Taryn Southern:
    The music track and video art were created using artificial intelligence, lyrics and vocal melodies written by by Taryn
    My grandson works with a producer in the music business in Nashville. He has thousands of dollars worth of music editing software and hardware and takes raw music created by bands and/or singers and turns them into acceptable quality. This spring he demonstrated what he does to my wife and I when he visited his folks.

We listened to raw recordings and finished product. I couldn't believe how poor some of the singers voices were and how bad their ability to play instruments BEFORE he applied AutoTune and other arts and crafts to turn the music into something acceptable. He showed me how to spot some of the effects of AutoTune, note stretching and shrinking, octave changing, making one voice or instrument sound like a chorus. It is an audio photoshop that turns a slab of beef into a super model.

This video is a great demo of the use of AutoTune and several other manipulations.

Still, the AI produced a catchy little tune.

Last edited by GreyGeek; Aug 29, 2017, 08:25 AM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.
Working...
X