This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Out of Focus

Yup, a new sub-forum. 'Why?' you might ask?

For a long time; a very, very long time; we had the Social/Casual Talk sub-forum (in Community Cafe). It had been intended (but not well articulated) to be a place where topics (not requests for help or assistance) about Kubuntu or Linux 'in general' could be posted and discussed. That its intended purpose wasn't better explained is a failing on our part, and for that I apologize.

Therefore, today, Social/Casual Talk has been renamed to Kubuntu or Linux Discussions (and it's description changed to reflect its intended purpose), and a new sub-forum -- Out of Focus -- created for other, non-Kubuntu, non-Linux content.

This change should help reenforce what KFN was established to be in the first place; a support forum for and about Kubuntu Linux. That is, and has always been, our 'main focus.'
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

is their a way to keep this one out of the RSS feeds ,,,as in https://www.kubuntuforums.net/external.php?type=RSS2, ,,,,to keep people like kubical happy and able to use things like akregator without being informed of every political post and "hay my tire feel of today" type thing ,,,,,,,,,,,specific complaint @hear https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post404080

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I feel that the Out of Focus forum (= Social etc.) is useful and interesting--as long as it is not too out of focus. Exs.: getting opinions advice on consumer products; getting opinions of current issues; opinions on best vendors; humor posts; and such. Nothing wrong--imo--with politics and religion except that it usually goes nowhere and is repetitive, and it could insult less "philosophically-adept" members and drive them away.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

We'll see. I kept kubical's comments in mind when I did what I did. But, in order to accomplish what he (and possibly others) desires, it might be necessary to make Off Topic a completely separate forum, as opposed to a sub-forum under Community Cafe.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X