This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUP at the river of knowledge of folks at THIS forum all else is for naught

YOU NEED TO GET THIS STRAIGHT IN YOUR MIND...

99.9 percent of "developers" could CARE LESS ABOUT YOU...

YOU...as a USER are NOT "beneath their contempt"...

THEY have NO contempt for you because you mean...absolutely nothing to them.

They care ONLY about "the code" ...if it works FOR YOU...then fine...if it does NOT...then fine...

I FIRST ran into this when I was "contributing".. to TRISQUEL ...

I downloaded their OS every month or so, put it onto CDs and tried to install it on various pieces of hardware...

Which is what...well...THEY ARE...DEVELOPING AN OS...that did not have ANY...linkage to "proprietary stuff"...

And after a half a year or so...even though I was reporting POSITIVE STUFF...

I was told IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS..."fu#$ OFF"..."WE COULD CARE LESS if you install it on this or that we are doing this for OURSELVES and fu#$ off"...GO AWAY...GO FU#$ing AWAY!!"

Well...I got a "lot of malarkey" at "another place today"...I was told...

quLorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin varius sem neque, vel rutrum ex ultricies ut. In dictum posuere sapien vitae viverra. Suspendisse pellentesque vitae purus nec pulvinar. Etiam tristique libero non nibh iaculis lobortis. Proin ullamcorper aliquam mauris, non consequat diam mattis nec. Ut diam nisi, scelerisque sit amet eleifend nec, condimentum pulvinar ex. Sed eros libero, ultricies vitae congue vitae, venenatis eget risus. Morbi sit ote]
    which is basically "fu#$ OFF" we could care less about you or anybody else".

So...ya know what?

All that "stuff" about "use at your own risk"...

IT IS NOT A JOKE...IT IS NOT "covering their bases"...

99.999 perent of the developers could CARE LESS ABOUT YOU, YOUR PROBLEMS OR ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT...

YOU...as a person...

THEY ARE DEADLY SERIOUS...DEADLY SERIOUS...

"THEY" could CARE LESS about...you or me or anybody else.

BE WARNED...

THE ONLY HELP is right here, on this forum, right now...

sup...at the river of knowledge of people...REAL PEOPLE...HERE AT THIS FORUM...

...WHO CARE ABOUT AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT...about YOU...

THE OLD GUARD...the experienced ones...

THEY REALLY WILL TRY TO HELP YOU...

sup...at their font of knowledge...

woodditchedKontactforTbirdwhyfalldownthestairssmok e
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Aug 26, 2017, 12:14 AM.

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
    YOU NEED TO GET THIS STRAIGHT IN YOUR MIND...

99.9 percent of "developers" could CARE LESS ABOUT YOU...

YOU...as a USER are NOT "beneath their contempt"...

THEY have NO contempt for you because you mean...absolutely nothing to them.

They care ONLY about "the code" ...if it works FOR YOU...then fine...if it does NOT...then fine...

And, as a retired coder, I have no problem with that. After all, they are volunteering their machine, time, money and expertise. As we who habitually visit this forum do as well.

That's why I am always grateful to those that make Kubuntu and Neon available and marvel at their exceedingly high quality.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

The code has worked extremely well for me since I switched 100% to Kubuntu around 2005-2006.

Coding is hard work. I've done it (in the way past). I know people who code. My sister is a sr. prog analyst for a large org.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

She ...

sr. prog
        has my respect...beyond my ken

Comment

Working...
        X