This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
    ....The next day I got out a phone book (remember those?) and found some local Toastmasters groups, a couple of which I promptly joined. I participated in TM for about two years and quickly became one of the better speakers. ...
    Wow! I had a "speech class" in my sophomore year in college that was supposed to teach public speaking. It was a joke. During my junior and senior years in college I was doing analytical work at Bradford labs (subsidiary of Calgon), working full time to put myself though college. I analyzed water from 2ndary recovery oil wells so engineers could make recommendations for chemical and biological control of the Cambrian water which was injected into the wells to push the oil out. Bradford allowed me to work my hours around my classes! One of the petroleum engineers invited me to Toastmasters. I didn't expect much, being "college trained" and all that. That TM training was great. I also attended for about two years. After grad school I was hired at a junior college to teach science and the TM training helped considerably, because just knowing your subject matter isn't enough.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
      Ok

NOWHERE is there ANY TRANSLATION into how the STEEM "dollars" get CHANGED into...REAL DOLLARS...
      https://steemit.com/steem/@riensen/h...eem-to-usd-eur

I don't really understand it, you make some content, post it on this place. You get some of this cryptocurrency, why? who has benefited from your content?. Then you exchange for other currency, why would people want it?

Comment

Whine. Whine. Whine.

Don't like it, don't subject yourself to further beatings.

Jeez, people, get a life.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Working...
        X