X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's harder to block tracking than you realize

especially if you use Win10
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Of course it's disappointing, but it can't be unexpected. Greed.

The only safe computer is one that is never turned on, never connected to a network, and encased in concrete inside a lead box at the bottom of the ocean.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

It's safe to say we are under attack from everyone from big business to big government. And, as the Wikileaks' dumps continue to show, we've likely only scratched the surface. We've also got to include things like router firmware and smart devices in the list of "bad things potentially tracking you". It's alarming, yes. Sadly, 99 percent of the population has no idea...
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

As for Windows 10, of course there are many ways to set it up to almost eliminate the tracking/spying, it takes some minor effort, it probably works, BUT ... imo ... you gotta/oughta keep checking on your privacy settings periodically to ensure that none has flipped back to ON!

Typical, among many such guides:

30 Ways Your Windows 10 Computer Phones Home to Microsoft
        https://www.howtogeek.com/224616/30-...0-phones-home/
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

It really IS worse than is being reported, a LOT worse.

Volunteers are needed!

https://www.kali.org/

My first slam in the face moment was when three men in black appeared on the porch of my last inconvenience a month or so into when I was offering my menu system and the Red Chineese had downloaded it by the thousands. The smaller introduction to it a few years earlier was when Microsoft itself popped a requestor the first time that I got onto "the web" by cable offering a "male enhancement product". It was a huge "phishing expedition" to determine just how many useful idiots would click it. It was benign it did nothing and closed...after it phoned home to Microsith.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
          X