This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
    Well, the last post (#14) doesn't contain the annoying text, either in the body or in the signature. Let's hope it remains so.
    *does a happy dance and chalks it all up to strange 'net-voodoo*
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Another head-scratching update - It had gone away for a while, but now it's back. And not just here, but on the Phoronix forums as well! In Chrome, this issue does not happen. For those new to the thread, all I did previously to fix the problem was delete my Firefox profile and the problem was solved. But then it returned on it's own, Some additional info:
      • Same two add-ons used for Chrome and Firefox: Lastpass and Privacy Badger. To test, the latter was disabled for accessing these forums
      • The problem seems to creep in on it's own - deleting the whole profile (kinda a pain) temporarily solves the problem, only to have it return later
      • To be sure, I made sure my profiles and signatures on both sites were devoid of any pictures, save a profile pic which would not affect the message body and also hasn't been changed in forever (since obviously before this was an issue)
      • Both KF and Phoronix use vBulletin, although Phoronix's is a whole version newer
      • This issue just started happening on Phoronix

I really want to use Firefox, but short of giving it up altogether, which I'm about to do, I'd like to enlist any advice from here as a final, last-ditch option. Danke in advance.

Image already added <--- highlighted to show problem

Image already added
      Last edited by dequire; Dec 11, 2017, 02:29 PM. Reason: Problem highlight
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Not sure what to tell you; no one else here seems to experience your particular issue, so, unfortunately, it “must be you”.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi, Just to let you know you're not alone with this issue :-)
          I have the same issue with the "image already added" when I edit my Joomla site and other html entry editors on various sites. Let see if it shows up when I post here now :-)

Comment

Well, it didn't! But just can't the cause of this and did a google seach and found your post. If I figure it out I'll post it here... :-)

Comment

Working...
            X