Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft to isolate Java edition of Minecraft?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*deleted*
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 06, 2017, 02:41 PM. Reason: bad info
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

MS to Notch (NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOXtWxhlsUg

Comment

Yup. But Notch is $2.5 Billion (before taxes, probably $800M or less after taxes) richer. Not bad for four years work.

Now, the guessing game begins: which version of the Java based Minecraft will be the last to receive updates? I'm guessing 1.13, for obvious reasons.

Doesn't matter to me. My oldest grandson got his drivers license, discovered baseball and girls in that order. He never plays MC any more. My youngest grandson discovered Bass fishing and basketball and is playing MC less and less. So, my MC days are about over because playing MC alone isn't much fun.

Several years ago I played on public forums but there was too much griefing and playing with strangers isn't fun either. I had a Realm for 3 months but that was about the time my oldest grandson quit playing MC. Besides, setting up and maintaining an MC server is drop dead easy. I don't need to pay $7/mo for MS to do the "work", and I certainly won't pay for resources, shaders or maps.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 23, 2017, 07:24 PM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Same here with my daughters. Those days are fast disappearing so, eventually, what we have last will be it and those maps we have will fade to memory.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
          Same here with my daughters. Those days are fast disappearing so, eventually, what we have last will be it and those maps we have will fade to memory.
          But GREAT memories they are! [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, the "rumor" started by one of the Minecraft developers that MS would be focusing in the future on non Java versions of Minecraft may have been a trial balloon to see how many would want to continue seeing updates to the PC java version of Minecraft. That "rumor" was put to bed by Dinnerbone in a tweet.
            Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 07, 2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Nice to know.

Yes, Great memories.

Comment

Working...
              X