This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Prisoner

I am afeeared that a significant portion of today's youth would be AGHAST at the Prisoner t.v. series

I wore in my home made version of No. 6's signature blazer for "costume" day at the end of the semester.

The costume day is a thing that my particular campus does to lighten the spirits. We also have free food giveaways and photo-booths in addition to a "job fair", etc. . The finals are, to say the least...rigorous... , they are all certification finals in a variety of bio tech from "just nursing" to, this last semester "microbiology / recombinant DNA" studies. We did the "crime scene analysis" stuff starting a few years ago.

Anyway...

a) The younger ones had absolutely no clue. But, when I told them what it was about part of them gave me "that" look ( these were the ones from "main campus" which is MUCH more dignafiddle... we are just a lowly bio tech campus. ) lol

b) the MUCH older ones actually remembered after a little prodding.

My, my, my...how things have completely reversed themselves.

woodalwayslikedtheendingsmoke

Remember it well. Prophetic.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I wish I had the series on my backup drive...

It doesn't download. Appears to have some serious protection around those files...
      Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

I have fond memories of "The Prisoner". It was a 'must watch' when I was a young lad of 14. The concept was so clever and quirky. Kept me guessing the whole way through. I wish they would repeat it on TV here, it would be interesting to see what the younger generation would make of it.

I watched the remake of it a few years ago and I thought it wasn't that bad ... but nothing like as good as the original.
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Rod J; It would cause a "meltdown" in our snowflake generation... So, Yes, bring it back soonest.
          Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
            Rod J; It would cause a "meltdown" in our snowflake generation... So, Yes, bring it back soonest.
            Sure would. Most snowflakes would not face the reality that they are being manipulated by the official narrative.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X