This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting software

Can anyone recommend some good accounting software?

Accounting software

Can you recommend a good accounting software package?

Comment

This should give you some ideas.
      systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
      Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Comment

For personal banking I used KMyMoney. I used to use MoneyDance before they made it proprietary (Used users as testers without telling them they were going to take the finished product closed source). For double-entry business accounting SQL-Ledger is great.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

back to the thread with the real responses: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post396624

Comment

Thank you for the list. I found that list myself before posting here. My post (query) was inadequate; I should have asked if anyone has had any experience in using any of the items to which you point us. I'm running Kubuntu 16.10. I searched its Software Center for GnuCash, and it returned nil. Then I installed Synaptic, and it shows GnuCash as available but not installed. I don't understand that difference. Presumably Kubuntu's Software Center and Synaptic access the same repositories (those that /etc/apt/sources.list identifies). Why would they report different results for GnuCash?

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will investigate SQL-Ledger. I have read some about GnuCash, and it sounds pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by wtb32141 View Post
                Can anyone recommend some good accounting software?
                Hi I am an accountant and I get people to use Wave apps. It is free and cloud based and runs in a web browser. I don't have to worry about their Windows computer not working. They can allow me to log into their company to do accounting remotely. I know it is not a Linux app, but it makes my life easy and it is easy to use.

Comment

I have been using Kmymoney for a number of years and am quite happy with its performance. It has the investment accounts set up capability with the provision of direct connect to your investment brokerage or bank accounts for downloading the statements and updating the account transaction and balances. It is in the repository and after installation you can add our own Claydoh's Kmyoney ppa for latest upgrade and more adaptation to Kubantu.

Comment

Working...
                  X