X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Browser - SlimJet

http://www.slimjet.com/

EDIT: I'm browsing with it now. Says it has an ad blocker. I don't see it. And, it wanted to get the password to my keyring. Not even Chrome or FF asked for that. I declined the request. Going to play with it for a while and see if it is as fast as it claims. It will have to go some to beat my stripped down FF that also blocks ad without an ad blocker and has pipelining to increase speed.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Dec 12, 2016, 09:46 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Have you tried Qupzilla? It's light weight; quite fast and has a built in as ad blocker
    systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
    Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Comment

Greygeek, I've downloaded the browser and find it very fast. The ad blocker is in the menu and has to be activated. I haven't tested it too much yet, but so far I've found that it doesn't respond to the buttons on one of my websites (a Peruvian weather site)--perhaps there's a Flash problem there as the buttons use Flash. It also didn't import my Firefox bookmarks--or if it did, I can't find them--but it did so from Chrome, which are based on my Firefox bookmarks anyway. I will continue to try it out for awhile and would appreciate any comments you might have from your investigation.

Comment

Another privacy chrome clone; like Iridium & SWWare Iron...

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
        Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

I discovered Google trying to get past my firewall so I deleted Slimjet and the knocking on the back door stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X