Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vivaldi browser odd behavior - no space bar function when using "Reply with quote"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivaldi browser odd behavior - no space bar function when using "Reply with quote"

Below is a copy of my posting on the Vivaldi browser forum. Can anyone else here using Vivaldi confirm or deny the results I'm getting?

Using current Vivaldi on KubuntuForums.net. OS is KDENeon 5.8.4

When posting normal comments using "Reply" function there are no issues. If I use "Reply with quote", the spacebar ceases to function for that post. No spaces in typed text regardless of attempts to include them. I have discovered if I back-arrow I can add spaces back into the text, but not at the end of the line during normal entry.

To be clear, the above behavior only occurs using "Reply with quote" function. I'm not 100% sure this is Vivaldi's fault, but with Chromium this does not happen. I haven't tried any other browsers. I will poll the forum to see if any other Vivaldi users have the same experience.
    This is getting annoying. MytextlookslikethisuntilIgobackandaddspaces.

Please Read Me

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
    Below is a copy of my posting on the Vivaldi browser forum. Can anyone else here using Vivaldi confirm or deny the results I'm getting?

Using "Reply With Quote" appears to work normally.
    • Vivaldi 1.5.658.56 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    • Ubuntu 16.04.

Try changing to the standard editor in your forum settings.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Well, changing editor would mean it's not working normally, yes? I should have included that the same function using Chromium works normally.

Also it seems not to happen all the time. Curious. I will have to keep better track of when it occurs.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Mumbles View Post
        • Ubuntu 16.04.

I checked my settings. I do have Enhanced selected and I see where it suggest not all browsers function well with it. This would be a deal-breaker for me with Vivaldi but I'd like to get away from Chrome. I stick with it and see if I can figure this out.

BTW,thisquotedreplyworkeduntilIdidsomething.Ineedt ofigureoutwhatcausesthis.

Please Read Me

Comment

Odd - the space above between the "t" and "o" does not appear in the edit window.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Mumbles View Post
            • Ubuntu 16.04.

Here space is working.

Nowafterclickingoutsidetheeditorbox,scroolingaroun daabit,nospaces.

Now after a carriage return spaces are back.

It's just gets weirder.

Please Read Me

Comment

And the random space returned inside the word "around"

Please Read Me

Comment

Oh No!! You've contracted Runonitis, more commonly known as WoodSmoke Space Disorder.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I am getting the same issue with Chromium
                  systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
                  Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Comment

This is what I get when using Vivaldi

Version 1.5.658.56 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
                    Last edited by NickStone; Dec 09, 2016, 12:21 PM.
                    systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
                    Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Comment

ThisiswhatIgetwhenusingChromium
                      Version 54.0.2840.100 (64-bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                        Oh No!! You've contracted Runonitis, more commonly known as WoodSmoke Space Disorder.
                        The other disorder is using too many carriage returns and too many all-cap words in conjunction with run-on periods! "I-type-like-Woody" disease!

Woody, if you're out there - we kid because we love!

Back to the actual issue - it seems simply adding a CR after the /Quote box prevents it. I'll just have ot get used to it - or is it a vBulletin issue?

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
                          this is with chromium

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
                            I have no problems with 'Reply with quote' and the space bar using Safari (Apple iOS browser on my iPad). And, of course, I've never noticed a problem running Firefox on any of my Kubuntu/Neon/Maui installs.
                            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

OK, I figured out how to re-create it every time with Vivaldi: If I hit "Reply with quote" the cursor is at the top of the Quotation. My habit is to down arrow so I can type after the quoted text. If I do this all the way to the end of the post, the cursor ends up one line below the close-quote box. In this condition, the spacebar fails to work. With Chromium (not Chrome) it works. If I place the cursor NEXT TO the close quote box, it works.

So to recreate the condition here, only occurring with Vivaldi, I click "Reply with quote", down arrow to the bottom of the edit box - no spacebar function.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                              X