This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cubbies win! :]

I ate many a "chicago style" hot dog and drank Ace on the USO's dime watching the Cubbies back in the day. YAY!

Cubbies WIN!!

wooddrankmyfirstHeinikenintheobscurelittlebaratthe endofUnionStationsmoke

Comment

Was never explicitly a Cubs fan, I went with White Sox, and as a kid I actually got to see a game the White Sox had with the Yankees. However, I was really rooting for the Cubs as I lived in N. IL (40 mi W of Chicago) and wanted the Cubs as the cursed underdog to win and get in the clear! Way to go Cubs!

btw, here, also really like a good Chicago hot dog!
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
        btw, here, also really like a good Chicago hot dog!
        That'd be just 'Chicago Dog' dog!
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The Chicago Dog,
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_hot_dog

As with most everything, I suppose, people do their own modifications and versions. But in my book, you gotta have at least the basic foundation: yellow mustard, white onions, sweet pickle relish and the tomatoes. The article mentions also the hot chile pepper and some dill pickle slice, but that does make it a bit heavy. How about the dill slice to the side ... ? And here in the SW USA, we get plenty of hot chile peppers--red and green--every day, on everything, in every way. I'd rather keep it off my Chicago Dog!
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

... not quite 'everything you always wanted know about ...," but almost:
            http://www.hotdogchicagostyle.com/chicagodog.php

Comment

Working...
            X