This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ted nailed it. Thanks GG!

Now somebody please send Ted a camera stand, I'm seasick...
    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Ha! A screwball like that wouldn't know how to read a reality-check if you gave him one. Funny. I needed a good laugh this afternoon.

https://twitter.com/PapaWoooooody/st...267136/video/1

After all is said and done, the proof will be found in the pudding.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
        ... I needed a good laugh this afternoon ....
        Glad I could give you a good laugh! Everyone needs that once in a while!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Election Results from 1789 to the 2012 election - very interesting

The percentage of eligible voters voting is usually between 50-60%

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Why Twitter is failing ...

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=55863

Comment

Wow, that didn't take long!

Not as long as I thought it would, anyway.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/...llary-charges/
              Kellyanne Conway:
              “I think when the President-elect, who’s also the head of your party, tells you before he’s even inaugurated that he doesn’t wish to pursue these charges, it sends a very strong message, tone, and content to the members,” Conway said. “And I think Hillary Clinton still has to face the fact that the majority of Americans don’t find her to be honest and trustworthy. But if Donald Trump can help her heal, then perhaps that is a good thing. Look, I think he’s thinking of many different things as he is preparing to become president of the United States, and things that sound like the campaign aren’t among them.”
              There was, when I posted this, 16,960 comments to the article, most of the ones I saw were using flame throwers. The optimistic ones surmised that he was holding back to avoid giving Obama an excuse to "pardon" her, which makes no sense because she hasn't been indicted or convicted. Then it degenerated into an insult fest.

Maybe he was running that balloon up the flag pole to see who would salute it, and the flag pole got shot down!

His wall has shrunk as well. They way he's going it will be just a line in the sand before he actually takes office. And some suspect that he plans to cut Medicare. It just goes to show you that voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

The Left Wing media is having a field day with Breitbart's complaints about Trump deciding to let Hillary slide, as they should. Trump should, to be "fair and balanced", pardon everyone who has been convicted of doing exactly what Hillary did with classified email from the time she became Sec of State till now. That should include Snowden as well as several former military people, and the guy hiding out in Ecuador's embassy.
              Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 22, 2016, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Politics is certainly "interesting"! And messy, and dirty, and bewildering, ...

Randomly ...

Many--notably Bloomburg--called Trump a "con man" ... one wonders what exactly they knew and therefore meant by that.
                Colin Powell ended up endorsing Hillary, as one who also did an email thing himself.
                Snowden? Have some deep agent hunt him down, retrieve him, torture him endlessly, try (or not try) him for treason, and shoot him at point blank range. You oughta hear what my conservative pals say we should do with that limpdxck rat.

As a Democrat, following Obama's lead, I'm holding out to give Donald a fair chance, hoping he does well for the country. Hoping he puts a final end to Ryan's delusions, esp re Medicare "reform." So far, trump's "conning" has turned out in a liberal's favor!
                Last edited by Qqmike; Nov 22, 2016, 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling
                An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                  ... So far, trump's "conning" has turned out in a liberal's favor!
                  Yup. He may be the closet liberal I took him for when he first announced, and said so in my G+ blog.

PS- Found this interesting take:
                  Swamp 1, Trump 0
                  http://heatst.com/politics/donald-trump-hillary-prison/
                  Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 22, 2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Well, I, personally, thought that the Billary Machine would squash him like a bug even with an October Surprise. Shows how much I know.

woodsmoke

Comment

Well, I, personally, thought that the Billary Machine would squash him like a bug even with an October Surprise. Shows how much I know.
                      Her machine would have crushed him, except her machine was terribly flawed in it lack of intel capability to locate profitable districts to work (i.e., key working-class districts in key states). Hillary screwed up, imo. She's the boss and should have been on top of knowing what to do and when.

Comment

Definition of hypocrisy

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...d-free-turkey/

Comment

Interesting read:

https://medium.com/@MedicalReport/ho...9ac#.nnq8hgtkb

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
                            Very interesting indeed, but merely an echo of the original Bloomberg BusinessWeek article, which was written 12 days before the election, while your citation was written 10 days AFTER the election.

The most recent article tries to weave "fake news" into the anti-Trump narrative in order to explain the Left's loss, while ignoring the suppression of free speech by Facebook, Twitter and YouTube claiming those that speak against Clinton are using "hate speech". YouTube did it by demonitizing videos that were not complimentary of Hillary, regardless of how factual and polite they were, or outright suspension of accounts, like Facebook and Twitter did if their shadow banning didn't have the necessary effects. An experiment was run to demonstrate the hypocrisy of Twitter by posting two identical messages, one with the word "White" and the other with the word "Black". Twitter canceled the account of one but not the other. Can you guess which one?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Twitter_bias.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	643408

The original article uses words like "bunker" to describe the place were Trump's team met. The maligning implication is obvious. So is their choice of words in explaining Trump's targeting specific groups of voters:
                            “We have three major voter suppression operations under way,” says a senior official.
                            A "senior official". Uh, huh. Right. Fake news indeed. And the voter database they suggest is somehow evil? Both Obama and Clinton had identical databases with identical demographic information in them. Their use of databases is OK, but Trump's use is evil?

The Bloomberg article did identify the reason why Clinton lost:
                            Almost every public and private metric suggests Trump is headed for a loss, possibly an epic one. His frustrated demeanor on the campaign trail suggests he knows it.
                            That meme was pushed HARD by every MNM outlet from the day Hillary announced until the night of the election. IOW, they believed their own propaganda. It was designed to "suppress" Trump supporters votes, borrowing Bloomberg logic, but it back fired. It convinced Hillary supporters that since she had the election "in the bag" they didn't need to go vote, and many of them did not. This was made very clear by the DNC and Posdesta email leaks. Nothing Trump did during the campaign was even close to the skulduggery the Clinton campaign was doing.

The Bloomberg article also implied that with 12 days to go Trump was losing and "he knew it". Another uh huh moment. By that time Trump had more than 80 campaign rallies and only one has an attendance of less than 7,000. Hillary had a little over 30 campaign stops and only one had more than 7,000 in attendance. Trump was filling coliseums seating 10, 20 and 30 thousand. Hillary had trouble filling a high school gymnasium. The media was always careful to post only close up photos of Hillary at the podiums, except during that one time, when she drew almost 10,000. When she stopped by Omaha a supporter enthusiastically tweeted "Big crowd greets Hillary at Omaha" and showed a close up,cropped photo which apparently supported her contention. Another person tweeted under her, "You mean this crowd?". A photo of the same event was taken from across the room and showed that the "crowd" was no more than 50-75 voters.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	hillary crowd in omaha.png
Views:	1
Size:	754.0 KB
ID:	643409
                            Hillary begin inviting voters to free concerts by Left wing entertainment folks in order to draw a crowd. It didn't help.

Besides the dirty tricks revealed in the emails, Hillary's worst enemy was Hillary herself, her history of pathological lying. Too many to mention here. But, at this point, "what difference does it make"?

Comment

Why the Progressives are pushing for a recount

The Federal deadline for a recount is December 13th.

"The recount in Wisconsin, and the coming ones in Michigan and Pennsylvania will not change the outcomes in any of the states. No recount ever changes thousands of votes. I do not think that is the purpose. The recounts, if done by hand, which can be demanded, may take longer than the last day for completing the official counts in a state and directing Electoral College voters. If all 3 states miss the deadline, Trump is at 260, Hillary at 232. No one hits 270.

Then this goes to Congress, where the House voting 1 vote per state elects Trump, and Senate selects Pence. This would be first time this happened since 1824, but in that case, John Quincy Adams won in the House, though he had fewer electoral college votes than Andrew Jackson.

If this goes to the US House and Senate, and the result is the same as result from the Electoral College without the recounts, why do it? The answer is to make Trump seem even more illegitimate, that he did not win the popular vote (he lost by over 2.1 million), he did not win the Electoral College (did not reach 270), and was elected by being inserted into the presidency by members of his own party in Congress."

However, Michigan's recount has already been done once, and Trump still won by 10,000 votes, so those 16 EC votes stay put. Wisconsin and Pennsylvania have a combined total of 30 EC votes. If they both flip to Hillary she still needs 9 more votes to reach 270. They are not there, so she fails anyway.

When Mike Wallace asked Trump if he would accept the results of the election Trump said “I’ll keep you in suspense.”

Clinton responded to Trump saying “That’s horrifying.”

She went on to say, “That’s not the way our democracy works. We’ve been around 240 years. We’ve had free and fair elections and we’ve accepted the outcomes when we may not have liked them and that is what must be expected of anyone standing on a debate stage during a general election. President Obama said the other day that when you’re whining before the game is even finished it just shows you’re not even up to doing the job. “

She added, “And let’s be clear about what he’s saying and what he means. He’s denigrating—he’s talking down our democracy. I for one am appalled that somebody who is the nominee of one of our major two parties would take that kind of position.”

Now, exactly who is denigrating and talking down our democracy?
                              Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 27, 2016, 03:29 PM.

Comment

If there are irregularities, I think a recount should happen even if it wont change the outcome of the election. Voting irregularities need to discovered and corrected in order for democracy to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X