Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I caught at least a couple things, esp the question he dodged ... Nothing surprises me anymore!
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
      Interesting. Maybe I've been exposed to too much of this stuff! but not quite sure what you mean about
      The Podesta emails had examples of reporters coordinating their stories and questions with Hillary or her people. One even called himself a hack and asked Podesta to approve of a favorable story he was writing about Hillary.

At the 5:00 mark you will hear Morning Joe's co-host asking Trump if what she's writing is ok. "Sure", he said, "just make us all look good". So, on-air, they are die hard anti-Trumpites, but off air its another story.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes, I caught that "just make us all look good" business! The other dodged issue was the immigrant ... "nothing too hard" ...
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
          Yes, I caught that "just make us all look good" business! The other dodged issue was the immigrant ... "nothing too hard" ...
          Yup, those are the smoking guns. Their collaboration with Trump totally destroys the arguments they made against Kristol's accusations that they weren't hard enough on Trump. Well, I guess they don't claim to be reporters, but at least one could expect them to be honest with the viewers.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

An Electoral College primer

The "protesters" are complaining that Hillary should have won because she had more popular votes. What they are advocating, but don't know it, is the destruction of the Republic and creation of a direct democracy. Can you name a single direct democracy that exists today? In previous times? Ancient Greece was one, Rome was another, for a while. Here is why they didn't last, and why the Electoral College protects minority rights:

Comment

The "protesters" are complaining that Hillary should have won because she had more popular votes.
              That's not the rules of the game. The rules are: Determination by Electoral College. Trump won by the rules. Protesters have no ground to complain. Notice that HRC is not complaining about how the result was determined. End of story, imo.

Speculation: What if HRC had won the Electoral College but Trump won the popular? Would Trump have claimed "Rigged!"?

I'll have a look at your vid a little later, need to rest the reading/viewing eyes for awhile.

Comment

Protesters are "spontaneous" events of "local citizens"?

The protests are not organic as the media would like you to believe. They are being organized by a Soros-funded group, MoveOn.org, the same group that organized the BLM protests, just like Soros also funded the organizations behind the so-called 'Arab Spring'. MoveOn.org took credit for the protests.

Block after block after block of parked buses, and that doesn't count those outsiders who arrived by train.

Most working, tax-paying Americans do not have time to spend all day protesting and all night tearing up the community.
                Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 14, 2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

People have such short memories....

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/11/1...college-tweets

Trump after the 2012 election:
                  We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!
                  My Facebook timeline was filled with Republican friends and family saying 'Not my president' and complaining about the electoral college.

Im not trying to justify the destructive protests going on or anything, but lets not forget that both sides get angry when the other side wins.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
                    Im not trying to justify the destructive protests going on or anything, but lets not forget that both sides get angry when the other side wins.
                    Yes, and we call it "politics", when we're being polite...
                    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

People have such short memories.......
                      They sure do, and most of them aren't 75 yrs old.

Comment

I'll say it again: what is happening so far this election is small potatoes compared to how tumultuous things were in the 1965-1975 era. And they were small potatoes then compared to the upheavals that occurred from 1776 to the end of the Civil War and the "Reconstruction" of the South. If extremists start setting off bombs again or Oregon and California secede from the Union, then you'll know what both eras of the past were like.

Meanwhile, I am going to pop some more popcorn and enjoy the show, now that both sides have been fully exposed to what they really are: the Dems & RINOs and their MNM allies on one side and Conservatives on the other. The focal point IS the Constitution. One side calls it "that little book" and would infringe it into meaninglessness if they cannot replace it with the UN Manifesto. The other side is 100% for the Republic and its rule of Law under a completely un-infringed Constitution. If you haven't guessed I am for the Republic.

Comment

The media (i.e., the Democrats) are making a big brouhaha about the "Popular vote count", claiming that Hillary should be president. No, she shouldn't. We are NOT a democracy, we are a Republic, thankfully.
                          The illusion and disinformation which drives the story is the "count" of the vote. (Setting aside Joe Stalin's oft quoted remark "It isn't who votes that count, it is who counts the votes"). This article explains why the "absentee" vote won't change the outcome and why the Electoral College is so important.
                          Who votes by absentee ballot? Students overseas, the military, businesspeople on trips, etc. The historical breakout for absentee ballots is about 67-33% Republican. In 2000, when Al Gore “won” the popular vote nationally by 500,000 votes and the liberal media screamed bloody murder, there were 2 million absentee ballots in California alone. A 67-33 breakout of those yields a 1.33- to 0.667-million Republican vote advantage, so Bush would have gotten a 667,000-vote margin from California’s uncounted absentee ballots alone! So much for Gore’s 500,000 popular vote “victory.” (That was the headline on the N.Y. Times, and it was the lead story on NBC Nightly News, right? No? You’re kidding.)
                          Getting back to the “win the popular vote/lose the Electoral College” scenario: Thank G-d we have that, or else California and N.Y. would determine every election. Every time.
                          Today the media is pushing the discontent and fueling the rioting by citing the "popular vote" count, blaming the Electoral College, and ignoring the fact that most states ignore the absentee ballots if their numbers won't change the results of that state's election. Take Texas, which Trump won by almost a million votes. Since the counted vote will more than likely reflect the ratio of absentee votes, Trump would have 52% of them and Hillary 43%. Texas cast around 8.5 million votes. There would have to be more than a million absentee ballots and ALL of them would have to go to Hillary for her to reverse the award of the E.C. votes to Trump. Not likely, without massive voter fraud.

So, in all these after-the-fact tallies, do you know which states the new Hillary votes are coming from? And, as one poster of the totals opined, "they'll increase exponentially!". Sure, only if someone stuffs them exponentially.

Probably the most famous case of a stolen election is the one stolen by Johnson in 1948. He turned a 20,000 vote loss into an 87 vote win. It has all the elements of voter fraud: Chicago-style voting, "missing" precincts ballots being discovered, late "corrections", absentee ballots that were miraculously almost all for Johnson, plus the votes of the dead, the halt, the missing and those who were unaware that an election was going on.
                          Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 14, 2016, 09:26 PM.

Comment

The other side is 100% for the Republic and its rule of Law under a completely un-infringed Constitution.
                            I dont know about that... Some of the things Republicans have tried to do in recent years are very anti-constitutional. And Trump said some things during his campaign that went directly against the constitution.

Comment

I dont know about that... Some of the things Republicans have tried to do in recent years are very anti-constitutional. And Trump said some things during his campaign that went directly against the constitution.
                              That the Reps did, although I am not sure what Trump proposes that is unconstitutional. That's why the rank and file Republicans (of which I am not a member) revolted against their elites, the RINOs, and went for Trump. The vote turnout was lower than anticipated. The White voters who voted for Obama in the last election voted for Trump in this one. Hillary lost, I believe, for one reason: the media had been mocking Trump and his campaign from the beginning. They reported bogus polls and statistics showing Hillary would win by 10% over Trump. They hammered that message over and over. I believe their intent was to discourage voters who favored Trump in an attempt to discourage them from going to the polls. It worked in reverse. It encouraged Trump voters to go out and vote and it gave the Hillary voters the idea that she was going to win so handily that they didn't need to go out and vote, so they didn't. The media threw Hillary's campaign away by their bogus polls and predictions.

Comment

Nugent on Trump

Comment

Working...
                                X