Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that Clinton koolaid purple? Just wondering...
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Is that Clinton koolaid purple? Just wondering...
      You can get it in Red or Blue, but after you drink, it turns Paisley and starts to play "Purple Haze".
      Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
        She's not the only creature who is "enthusiastic" about Trump. KKK is also enthused. Some who are enthused are praising him for a start to legitimatize the possibility of an alt-Right political party.
        https://www.google.com/search?client...utf-8&oe=utf-8
        You are right on the alt-right angle. It IS a movement. Look at the surging popularity of alt-media types like Breitbart Media, InfoWars.com, Steve Crowder, Milo Yiannopoulos, Paul Joseph Watson, and many, many others. The future of the Republic Party is shifting away from the neo-cons and the old guard, and especially away from traditional news outlets, and towards "new media" types that have the freedom to provide a more unfiltered message. Not a bad thing at all, IMHO. The main thing these new Conservatives car about is the defense of the 1st and 2nd amendments. Because, honestly, both traditional parties seem to have abandoned caring about either of those long ago; forsaking it for the almighty dollar. Also, contrary to what you may hear, not all Trump voters are uneducated. Or White.

One final observation here is, really, who gives 2 cents what the KKK thinks or who they endorse? Is that somehow even relevant? Are they still a thing? I see a lot more violence in the news insighted by BLM than I have from the KKK. I didn't even know they were even a thing, much less that anyone would care who they "endorsed". I don't think people walking down the streets in downtown Chicago are worried about the KKK.
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Well, it's been a nice discussion, folks. Tomorrow we vote (if you haven't done so already by mail) and beginning Wednesday, no matter who won, everyone will be complaining. Biznis as usual
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Many friends are burnt out on politics and wish not to discuss details. They avoid the news channels and print. The first election I actually followed daily, play-by-play, the good, the bad, the ugly, the facts and the nonsense--all of it. Kind of like watching a dramatic TV series. Maybe ignorance is bliss, to a point. I have too many vivid videos of Trump in my brain's software, I've seen too much of his personality in action. The effect of them far outweighs any "minor" concerns I might have about Hillary's shenanigans.

GG, this link is good at dissecting/comparing the definition of narcissistic personality disorder against normal "bombastic" personality (TWPonKubuntu's term).
            http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/a-ne...-world-leader/

dequire, I never said anything about the KKK, only that they are enthused about Trump.

GreyGeek: Well, it's been a nice discussion, folks. Tomorrow we vote (if you haven't done so already by mail) and beginning Wednesday, no matter who won, everyone will be complaining. Biznis as usual
            Yeah, nice discussion. Good luck to everyone having hopes up, or having hopes down.
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
              .... Yeah, nice discussion. Good luck to everyone having hopes up, or having hopes down.
              Dittos, Qqmike, and we can't say any more "May the best man win!"

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                Dittos, Qqmike, and we can't say any more "May the best man win!"
                Exactly! And my brain's going to need a vacation after tomorrow. I know the media is not going to provide it, so a long vacation in the woods might be in order. Sans phones / tablets / TV / billboards / radio / anythingnotclassifiedas'smokesignals'...
                ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                K*Digest Blog
                K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Another reason I like this forum, we've just had a political discussion and I see no blood on the walls nor threats of "eternal damnation". Thanks to all of you here.
                  Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

vacation in the woods might be in order
                    Lately, regardless of how busy I am or my obligations, I try to make a best effort to get out to the badlands/desert for a day every week or two. QUIET out there! Desolate. Lots of space. Beautiful. Sometimes you don't even see any wildlife or even a single bird.
                    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

PLEASE WATCH THIS ELECTION VIDEO!!!!

There will be the obligatory advert to click through

woodlikesdogsandcatssmoke

Comment

Good one Woody. Yep, the big picture. Put 10 reasonable people--5 Demos and 5 GOPs--in a room, present them with a typical life problem (health care, safety, environment, military, women's health, child care, etc.), and it is often said that 10 reasonable people would probably reach common ground, come together, and pretty much agree on a solution that would work for most people.

Speaking of the big picture,

The Big Picture
                        Sean Carroll, physicist
                        https://www.amazon.com/Big-Picture-O...he+Big+Picture

I highly recommend it for fans of cosmology (and that ain't cosmetology ...). But CAUTION: A careful reading of it might shake some important views and beliefs you hold dear.

Most scientists I've read aren't optimistic about the human race being able to survive its own craziness and destruction; e.g., by nuclear. As for the short term, locally speaking, for America, we are a very young country, relatively speaking, and as viewed by Europeans. Hopefully we can get past these hurdles and growing pains and get it figured out together.

Comment

Well, now you did it, Woody, you went and made me cry.
                          My wife and I lost both of our poodles, Rascal to diabetes and Reba to hip dysplasia.

Comment

QQ......awww.......

GG....yeah.....mine was a bluetick.......

LET US ALL HOPE THAT THE UNITED STATES.......

WE used to celebrate....UNITED.....

let us all hope that hillary or donald or WHOEVER.....

Let us all hope.....that...

we can have a future of toast with great jam!

woodlikestoastandGG'sjamsmoke

Comment

LOL
                              I went to bed early big day tomorrow ( now today) and fired up the computer to You Tube and saw that Trump won but "on the side" was.

Chris Matthews "cries out to Jesus" " Oh Jesus, he might win..' ..OR SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT

BUT.........the "image" was a Tom and Jerry Cartoon!!

I clicked "Chris Matthews cries out to Jesus"..................and....

YOU TUBE HAS REPLACED THE CHRIS MATTHEWS VIDEO................

with a Tom an Jerry Cartoon.................

I leave it to the reader to determine if the "media" is.................LEFT.......or not...

wood.......oh and I did NOT stay up

I figured that Hillary had it...

I was asleep when Trump won...smoke

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
                                Another reason I like this forum, we've just had a political discussion and I see no blood on the walls nor threats of "eternal damnation". Thanks to all of you here.
                                I've been on this forum since Jan of 2009 and it has always been a place where different POV's were respected without ad hominem attacks or ridicule. Liberal or Conservative, Atheist or a Believer. How can you expect someone to listen or read your views if you don't read or listen to the views of others? I don't remember who said it but "I may disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it" is a good approximation to the attitude here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X