This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Big Brother's" name is Google

I debated putting this here or in Geek News. Since it effects anyone who may be in the same room as these devices, I figured this will be read by more people:

http://massprivatei.blogspot.com/201...py-inside.html

There are a lot of links in the article, to supporting documents and other news and ad pages.

Not to single out Google(r), since there are other companies making similar devices.

Do you remember the childrens room monitors? Do you have one?

Do you have a camera and/or mic on your laptop?

Do you know what your neighbors may have installed in their homes? "Kids say the darnedest things" (Art Linkletter?)

(Polite Wave to the NSA guy watching me type this)... Nothing to see here, move along now...
    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

If it is any consolation, that video was a "demo" of the beta version. When release 1.0 comes out Google's AI won't be any smarter than Apple's Seri. 90% of the time Seri doesn't have a clue about what I am asking it. But my iPhone6 camera and mic can be a spy device just as easily as anything Google or Microsoft' makes, and probably is, despite the public posturing.

Besides Google's censoring of "hate" speech (code: for any speech not pro Clinton), which is why I dropped ALL my Google stuff, this story adds further justification for dropping anything connected with Google which they can financially benefit from in any way.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 21, 2016, 01:22 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I am not consoled, just pre-warned.

My stance on Google(r), in particular, but also other online entities, is the same as yours, I want nothing to do with them.

I'm sorry to see some people trying to defend Google/Yahoo/Bing etc. but those people have their "eyes wide shut"...

I hear the clock a-ticking. Lizardo was prescient. (Look it up if you miss the reference, then watch the video again).
      [/rant off]
      Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

And again:

https://www.propublica.org/article/g...e-web-tracking

The title is: Google Has Quietly Dropped Ban on Personally Identifiable Web Tracking

Please read the article, it might open some eyes?

Comment

Working...
        X