This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kodachi Linux

Linux Kodachi is a Debian-based distribution which can be run from a DVD or USB thumb drive.

The distribution filters all network traffic through a VPN and the Tor network, obscuring the user's network location.

The distribution attempts to clean up after itself, removing traces of its use from the computer.
    https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=kodachi

What say you?

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Oct 19, 2016, 07:26 PM.

Interesting. I'm going to burn it this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Kodachi Linux

Well, I just burned Kodachi to a LiveUSB and ran it. Amazing distro! Full of LOTS of interesting tools. When I booted it (using the default line) the desktop had an amazing Conky display, best I've ever seen. It also reported that it was connected via a VPN and that my exit point was the Netherlands. My IP geo location was in the Atlantic ocean off the coast of West Africa. Snowhog, if you check the logs for around 4:00PM CST you'll find an attempt to log into KFN with my name and password, but KFN quickly and soundly kicked me to the curb!

It has both a Tor browser and a "Kodachi Browser", both of which are versions of FireFox. I ran the Kodachi Browser. Very fast. I browsed all over the globe and didn't notice any slowness even though it was through a Tor five level network and a VPN. I can instantly change my IP address or country exit point.

When I shut down and before the power went off it wiped my RAM. While in the LiveUSB I mounted my HD and copied a screen capture of the desktop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-Kodachai-10212016-09:29:41 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	643352

There are links to free, anonymous email accounts, social websites, etc.

Will I use it?
      Doubtful. Despite its apparent purpose, I have no proof that the "VPN" isn't an NSA, CIA, Russian or Chinese honeypot, even though it goes through a Tor network. Also, at most places that offer a computer for public Internet use, like Libraries, the USB ports are locked down and booting from them is blocked.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that barely five minutes into using Kodachi, without using a browser, Kodachi advised me in a little popup in the upper right corner that it had killed a Google tracker..
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 23, 2016, 06:53 AM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        Will I use it?
        Doubtful. Despite its apparent purpose, I have no proof that the "VPN" isn't an NSA, CIA, Russian or Chinese honeypot, even though it goes through a Tor network.
        What a sad reflection on the world we live in.......

Comment

Working...
        X