This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a CC permit yestiddy.... BIG PROBLEM

I would have NEVER thought that this would happen here in the midwest but....

This afternoon I went to the local sporting goods store and picked out a very small 9 mil that I could both carry and have by the bedside.

When I was ready to pay the cashier said:

"Strip down, facing me."

Okaaayyyyyyyy I made a mental note to complain to the NRA....

and proceeded to do as she said.

When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subided, I found out that she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the reader....

They suggested that I might consider shopping elsewhere in the future, but I didn't think that I looked THAT bad! :0

woodjustsayin'smoke

Got a CC permit yestiddy.... BIG PROBLEM

What firearm were you looking at?
    I have a CHP and used to carry a 9mm Beretta Nano. Very compact and very accurate. But, it had too much recoil for my wife to handle so I downsized to something she could handle as well. I always carry every where except where infringements of the 2A prohibit, and the other is always at home. If an establishment is posted I take my business to a competitor who is not. All the mass shooting not done by Islamist have been done by people coming off of SSRI's too quickly. While they may have mental problems they are not crazy. They deliberately choose locations that are posted with "No Guns" signs. The amazing thing is the number of people who actually believe that such a sign makes them bullet proof.

BRW, what kind of hoops did you have to jump through to get your CC permit? Nebraska requires a background check, an 8 hour class ($150) followed by a test of gun handling and marksman ship, a test of laws with 70% or better and certified by a notary public, a certified birth certificate, recent photo, two sets of finger prints and $100.

Oh, before you can buy a handgun in Lincoln you need to get a permit from the county sheriff. Once you have a CHP you can buy any firearm any time you want, but you still have to phone in and register the gun through the BTF. You have to pay $50 to get it renewed every five years. I have a renewal date coming up in a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 15, 2016, 11:41 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Ummm I was looking at a short arm.

woodsmoke

Comment

A short arm inspection? That explains why the cashier told you to strip!

Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 16, 2016, 02:44 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

I have one of these ,,,,,,,, https://bersa.eagleimportsinc.com/be...nder-380-matte

small , 9 in the clip 1 in the pipe , very reliable ,

I don't have a CC ,,,,,yet , but in this state (NC) you can carry if it's not concealed ,,,,,,,,

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

since we are on a gun topic ,,,,,,,

one of the guns I inherited when my dad passed away was a WW2 Lee Enfield jungle Carbine .303 British .

it's missing the rear site the front blade site and the shot box/magazine ,,,,,, the person he got from wile stationed in China had brassed a rear site from ?/something to the back of the barrel (which gave me some trepidation) but I had it looked at by a local gun shop and was toled it looked sound and he wouldn't be scared to shot it .

SO ,,,,,,I just got back from doing just that.

I had been toled by a few people that it was going to kick like a mule because of the large round and the short barrel ,,,,,,,,,,,NOT so I say it really was not that bad , certainly no worse than the SKS 7.62x39 my friend had even though the .303's cartridge without the projectile was bigger than the hole 7.62 round

even in the state it's in (brassed on rear site) it holds a true vertical line albeit you must aim 9" low at 50-60 yards .

however at around $1.00 a shot it's not for target shooting for fun ,,,,,,,, unless your feeling extravagant today ,,,,at least on my budget.

all in all it seams to be a relatively nice shooting powerful gun ,,,,I think I'll spend some $ getting the missing parts

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

When I was sixteen I took the bus three miles to down town Denver, to the Dave Cook sporting goods store. Plunked $75 on the counter and picked up two newly surplussed M1 Garands and took the bus home. No one gave me even a sideways glance. People carrying weapons was normal, even teen agers. Most people carried a small pistol in their pocket, purse or glove compartment. That is one reason why people were a lot more respectful of one another back then. In the HS parking lot you'd see pickup trucks with racks full of rifles. Nobody broke glass and stole them because weapons were plentiful and cheap. Besides sporting goods stores, Montgomery Wards, JC Penny's, Sears, most lumber yards and hardware stores sold firearms and ammo. Even drug stores sold ammo. You could buy anything through mail order. All that stopped in 1968 following the Texas Tower shooting by Charles Whitman, who was suffering from a brain tumor. The Democrats pushed hysterics to pass an infringement of the 2nd A.

I sporterized the Garands by removing a lot of excess wood, sanded them till they were smooth as glass and then handrubbed them with Linseed oil until they had a glass coat on them that was as hard as a rock. Took them target practicing and deer hunting. I reloaded my on 30-06 ammo. The day before I went off to college I took them to the target range and put 400 rounds through them. My shoulder was black and blue for two weeks.

My favorite rifle was my bold action Western Field .22LR with a tube feed and a 4X scope. I could take Pheasant out of the air with that rifle. In the late 1950s .22LR ammo was between 70 cents to $1 for 50 rounds. Today .22LR is about 10-12 cents a round which, taking into account inflation, is about the same price as it was 60 years ago. Back then I made $1.25/hr. Minimum wage today is $7.25/hr.

I also acquired a 1758 British Royal Crown military Musket rifle, but I never fired it. I found an 1887 Steven's falling block .22 rifle with a hexagonal barrel. It was shot so often you could barely make out the rifling. I used it as a .22 shotgun using .22 shotshell to shoot at grasshoppers on the fly. Great way to keep up my upland game eye. When I left for college my step brother promptly sold them and kept the money. Today, each of those M1's would be worth $1,500.
              Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 16, 2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

ummmm guys.....it was a ...joke...

woodsmoke

Comment

What did your short arm inspection reveal?

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                    ummmm guys.....it was a ...joke...

woodsmoke
                    We can be a bunch of literal guys here

Did the clerk require that you buy a box of blanks to go with the short arm?
                    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.9.3, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

You're not shooting blanks, are you woody?

Comment

Oh you guys are so HARSH!!

I just can't get no respect!!

woodlolsmoke

Comment

Ah, a double negative. So you DO get respect!

Comment

LOL

wood-++-smoke

Comment

The kid's right!

Comment

Working...
                              X