This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Review of Kubuntu 16.04

I had heard about Dash but hadn't seen it in action. WOW! I'm running it now!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Yes, that was a good review and not really one-sided. It was a fair assessment. Yes, few odd bugs aside, it is now my main install.

Comment

I did't know about the 'Alternatives' with the K Menu. I just switched it to Dash, and yes, that is very nice. Think I'll go with it for awhile and see how I like it.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I love the Dash, always been a fan of launchers like that, and was sorry to see the ones in KDE 4, Homerun and Takeoff were never ported across to Plasma5.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GerardV View Post
          I love the Dash, always been a fan of launchers like that, and was sorry to see the ones in KDE 4, Homerun and Takeoff were never ported across to Plasma5.
          I don't know what Dash looked like in KDE4 but if it was anything like what is in Xerus then I missed a lot.
          Last edited by GreyGeek; May 15, 2016, 02:09 PM.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Well, there is the Application Dashboard widget for Plasma 5 that is pretty nice...And IIRC it' installed by default.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KDEMenu2-600x450.png
Views:	1
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	643211

Here's a video:
            ​"Keep it between the ditches"
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

That's the one!

Comment

@dequire

What is that wallpaper from. Kind of like that.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                  @dequire

What is that wallpaper from. Kind of like that.
                  From the video? I dunno, you'd have to ask the author
                  ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                  K*Digest Blog
                  K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Oh, I thought you were! sorry!

Comment

This is a nice review and I liked the presentation of the Dash, but ...... I tried it, I really did..... but I'm just an old curmudgeon and will stay with the classic menu unless something drastically changes.

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                        This is a nice review and I liked the presentation of the Dash, but ...... I tried it, I really did..... but I'm just an old curmudgeon and will stay with the classic menu unless something drastically changes.

woodsmoke
                        I must be a curmudgeon too. After giving it several days I noticed that like Discover it didn't display all available packages and under certain conditions it interfered with my attempts to select and run an app. So I reverted back to the classic menu today.

Comment

Well...the old woodsmoker cannot be very far wrong if the Grey One is on the same page!

woodwoah!smoke

Comment

I may soon be dropping that "Grey" part of my handle and replacing it with "Bald", or "Chromedome", or something like that.

Comment

lol
                              I am still blessed, at 71 years of age with a full head, WHITE hair! I think it is all that salt water conditioning it!

However, you look MUCH more dignafidle than I do soooo... lol

woodnotdignifiedatallsmoke

Comment

Working...
                              X