Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 windows/apps in screen in Ubuntu phone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 windows/apps in screen in Ubuntu phone?

Continuum doesn’t support the standard Windows snap mode, which allows you to view two programs simultaneously on a single screen.
    From How I survived a week at work using only Windows 10

Hmmmm I NEVER thought of that! Of course I use Android so... but the point is...

I'm, I guess,like Apple's "truck driver" that uses an Apple phone rather like truck drivers used to use the old Timex-Sinclair.

But, if one reads the whole article, with the various "problems" that HE had trying to turn a phone into a desktop,

I THINK......that the REAL problem for him was...."not being able to have two apps open at once",

EASY PEASY on a desktop or lappy....

SO THE QUESTION:

Does anyone happen to know...does the Ubuntu phone have two window/app capability? I has not seen it in any of the reviews that I've read.

Annnndddd, well "Linux" can have a gajillion apps going at once on a desktop, is multi-windowing somehow "more native" to Linux than Windows?

And if the Ubu phone could have but does not have..such a capability ............methinks that this is something that would get people on board with it............IMMEDIATELY!! lol

just a thought?

woodwonderingsmoke

Why do I need two windows open on a small screen phone? One window often feels to cramped...

Comment

Yes. In desktop mode and it actually looks pretty cool.

If you're sitting wondering,
      Which Batman is the best,
      There's only one true answer my friend,
      It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

elijathegold.

Thanka, thanka, thanka verrraaah much!

If it ever gets a sufficiently powerful platform and the proper promotion, it could be.... well......big!

woodthankyousmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
          If it ever gets a sufficiently powerful platform and the proper promotion, it could be.... well......big!

woodthankyousmoke
          My Sony Xperia Z5 makes the Nexus 4 look like a toy, so I can only hope somebody does the port. I don't have the patience or the focus to get in to something of that level these days
          If you're sitting wondering,
          Which Batman is the best,
          There's only one true answer my friend,
          It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Working...
          X