This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What word processor do you use?

I haven't done any serious word processing in quite a while, but curious what you use. Abiword? Zoho Docs online? Wordperfect in wine? ...?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    Registered Linux User 545823

LibreOffice in linux, MS Word for work (in windows). IMO there are no other options that make sense. OpenOffice is behind LibreOffice now. I have not tried the newest KDE "Words" a.k.a. Calligra Words.

I find MS Word extremely annoying but there's little choice in the business world. Despite claims or plans to the contrary, MS does not (at least yet) truly support the Open Document standards so I can't drop MS Office yet.

Please Read Me

Comment

Pretty much the same answers as oshunluvr & for the same reasons.
      I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Privately I don't have many requirements re. compatibility, Kate or Kwrite would do but I routinely use Libreoffice.

I also use the free version of Softmaker Office, not bad at all!
        If I had use for it I wouldn't hesitate to buy the full version.
        http://www.softmaker.com/en/

Comment

LibreOffice here.

Comment

LibreOffice. Not sure why I should not. On the (rare) occasions I need to convert .doc to .odt or vice versa, it does fine. (In the old days, in business, doing government work, independent business consulting, etc., I did use Windows and Word. Word was OK, I switched to it from WordPerfect (my preferred choice!). I still do some freelance business work, but from Kubuntu and LibreOffice.))
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

LibreOffice.
              It's power to create databases integrated with letters, spreadsheets, etc., in multitable GUI interfaces is awesome! Ever use their BASIC functions?

Have a team roster and a list of games and want to combine the team members with the points they made in each game, with totals for the season, for example.
              Or, a customer list, inventory list, and an POS or Accts Rec, etc.

Or, just simple form letters with personal information about each person:
              Dear <honorary> <LastName>
              It was wonder of you to donate to <charityhere>. How are your children, <firstchild> and <secondchild>, doing? I
              etc...
              Sincerely,
              <someonestaffmember>
              Last edited by GreyGeek; Mar 31, 2016, 09:29 PM.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

LibreOffice. Dont honestly do much word processing stuff these days, but when I need to, I only use LibreOffice.

Comment

Calligra for most LO if for the college, but actually Calligra works for most at the college also, with the exception of the presentation. Mainly a "text formatting" problem, the fonts are too large so I do everything in Arial, and lock the file.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
                  X