This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I well?

Lol sure I am, but I just noticed that I have not booted my laptop in about 3 days.[emoji15] I can partly blame this on Verizon since I can't tether without a vz sim card, but really I haven't needed or wanted to.

The seagulls here are funny looking.

Some photos as I take them can be found here

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Well, I can tell you this: those do not look like seagulls.
    At least here in Europe we believe those are sparrows.

Comment

They are, they are just acting like sky rats (which were off to the right just out of view)

Comment

I am so jealous!

woodjealoussmoke

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          They are, they are just acting like sky rats (which were off to the right just out of view)
          He He He,,,,,,"sky rats" ya thats right.

when I lived in Florida (Clearwater ) I was on the beach one day when a tourist family came by and spread their blanket down near me.

They got all comfy ,,,,,,,and then ,,,, out popes the McDonald's Bag ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Before I could worn them they dump it out.

the sky rats dropped like rain ,,,,,the family yells/hollers/shrieks and and ball up trying to hide their faces and are engulfed in sky rats.

in less than 1 minute the bewildered family is left looking at some of the McDonald's trash and checking each other for wounds.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, more like sky wolves .

Nice picks @claydoh ,,,,,,could we use 1 or 2 of those for wallpapers ?

VINNY
          Last edited by vinnywright; Mar 25, 2016, 08:27 AM.
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

You can do with them as you like

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hehe, vinny's story reminds me of a camper trip from Ontario down to Florida.
              We were in some State Park and one morning a guy knocks on the screen door, he says I'm from New York and saw your bumper sticker 'Proud to be a farmer', maybe you can help.

Yes sure what is it? A raccoon is stuck in an empty trash can and when I try to pull it out it bites...

Sure we'll have a look, it was a nasty all exited raccoon looking up at us.
              So my uncle the farmer kicked over the trash can and the raccoon disappeared into the woods.

Comment

I don't think I'd mess with a raccoon! Bites, diseases (do they carry rabies?), scratches. Kicking the can over for it to run free sounds like the only good choice!
                An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                  Hehe, vinny's story reminds me of a camper trip from Ontario down to Florida.
                  We were in some State Park and one morning a guy knocks on the screen door, he says I'm from New York and saw your bumper sticker 'Proud to be a farmer', maybe you can help.

Yes sure what is it? A raccoon is stuck in an empty trash can and when I try to pull it out it bites...

Sure we'll have a look, it was a nasty all exited raccoon looking up at us.
                  So my uncle the farmer kicked over the trash can and the raccoon disappeared into the woods.

lol,,,good one .

common sense is not so common any more as far as I can tell.

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

About sparrows, this is one we saw end of December in Rome on a bridge over the river Tiber.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1960k.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	643160

Btw, the dome in the background is the Vatican where the bishop of Rome resides.
                    Last edited by Teunis; Mar 26, 2016, 04:53 PM. Reason: Btw.

Comment

Originally posted by teunis View Post
                      about sparrows, this is one we saw end of december in rome on a bridge over the river tiber.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6493[/ATTACH]

vinny
                      16GB RAM

Comment

So glad that you are having a great tour of OZ and that you got to Canberra and Sydney as well as other sites in between. Looks like you are also getting to see OZ sunsets. The best ones are out west because of the high clouds, ie hardly any low rain bearing clouds.

Name:	00608_Glendambo_Sunset.jpg
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	643182

Also, in remote areas, at night, you can see mega stars, provided the moon is not present.

Comment

Alas my brief visit is over.
                          All my not-so-great photos are here
                          I did't take as many as I could have, as redheads are rather distracting , sunsets and a twisted ankle notwithstanding.
                          Last edited by claydoh; Apr 07, 2016, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I was looking for photos of Crocs! I didn't see any!
                            The folks on the open bus (double decker?) seemed rather hot and the air looked to be filled with humidity. Was it?
                            Who is the redhead?
                            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                              I was looking for photos of Crocs! I didn't see any!
                              The folks on the open bus (double decker?) seemed rather hot and the air looked to be filled with humidity. Was it?
                              Who is the redhead?
                              It was raining some of the day, including part of the bus ride, which explains that. These are tour/shuttle buses so they make regular runs throughout parts of the city, and with my bum ankle I did not walk around much.

I wasn't in an area that would have crocs, I think.
                              My brother wondered why I didn't see any of the Great Barrier Reef, so I sent him a map that puts things into perspective:

Name:	Size-of-Australia-compared-to-USA-on-a-Map.jpg
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	643184

On the map, I was staying in a small town, Braidwood, about an hour away from Canberra, and an hour away from Bateman's Bay in the South Coast region of NSW. That's where the redhead lives. The reefs are way up north, beginning approximately in Cananda near lake Huron to my Florida panhandle.
                              So I only saw a little sliver of the place. I loved what I saw, though. Saw bits of Sydney on my last day there.

The redhead, well she is....THE redhead.

Comment

Working...
                              X