This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Forums chat room on Tapatalk

I just discovered a new feature on Tapatalk.
    It is found in Notifications --> Messages

I was greeted with this.

hmm... Great! There are three people trying to chat with me that I don't recognize.

Has anyone used this feature yet?
    sigpic

I am not aware that any of the Administrators here did this. If Open Source (our Host) didn't authorize it, then who ever put that together is violating the use of our Name. I'll bring this to Open Source's attention.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 12, 2016, 06:27 PM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It's purely a tapatalk thing, unrelated to any forum itself. Probably just anther way to spam people, lol. I've ignored it since the feature was added.
      I never thought much about it, but there seems to be no way to turn it off or disable it.

I need to start using the mobile web version for a while and see if it is worth ditching tapatalk.

Comment

I don't know. I'd be fine with ditching Tapatalk if I had similar features of the mobile web version on this forum. Kubuntu Forums griped when I tried to login with my mobile phone sometime ago. I'd still like to read the forum and respond from my phone when I'm away from my PC.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
          I don't know. I'd be fine with ditching Tapatalk if I had similar features of the mobile web version on this forum. Kubuntu Forums griped when I tried to login with my mobile phone sometime ago. I'd still like to read the forum and respond from my phone when I'm away from my PC.
          So far it seems to work fine via web browser. Not as modern looking or can't but I see nothing bad about it so far

Comment

I'm using the mobile web version right now. It's doable, but it's a little hard to navigate. I guess it takes some getting used to.
            sigpic

Comment

I used Tapatalk for Post #4, and the image for my signature is present.

Post #6 is withe the mobile web version from my phone. I loose my signature with the mobile web version.

This post is from the full web version and I have my signature.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
                I used Tapatalk for Post #4, and the image for my signature is present.

Post #6 is withe the mobile web version from my phone. I loose my signature with the mobile web version.

This post is from the full web version and I have my signature.
                In mobile view If you go advanced you'll see the option to enable or disable sig down at the bottom. A good option to have.

As an aside though we can't turn off the chat channel individually we can delete it from within tapatalk.

As a second aside the web view sure does highlight just how many topics and sub topics we have here lol. I think we have as many as xda does j/k.

A third aside is that most people who have a problem with tapatalk seem to be the ones that are trying to monetize via ads etc. Tapatalk sort of steals this from them.
                Last edited by claydoh; Mar 13, 2016, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                  In mobile view If you go advanced you'll see the option to enable or disable sig down at the bottom. A good option to have.

As an aside though we can't turn off the chat channel individually we can delete it from within tapatalk.
                  I found the signature option.

I don't have a problem with the chat channel or Tapatalk. I just noticed the chat channel today and wondered if anyone actually used it.

I am getting used to the mobile view. I'm forcing myself to use it just incase you decide to dump Tapatalk.

The thing I like about the mobile view is the ability to preview a post. I don't have that with Tapatalk.

Posted from the mobile view 🙂
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm still using the old Tapatalk pro app. Less stuff I don't want to see, and a more compact thread display.

Regards, John Little
                    Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                      I'm still using the old Tapatalk pro app. Less stuff I don't want to see, and a more compact thread display. ...
                      I liked the old one too. I thought the feeds would be a good addition, but it seems to only have their limited list. I haven't found a way to add feeds I'm interested in.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X