This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone good with JavaScript?

Some spam I received, with a subject of "Scanned image," contained a zipped file, purporting to be "Image data in PDF format has been attached to this email." Yeah, right. It's actually a JavaScript program, and I'm assuming its purpose is to wreak havoc on clueless window$ users' computers.

I'm really curious about what it would actually do, but, alas, my JS skills are very limited! So I'm wondering if anyone here would like to take a look at it and tell us what its results would be on a window$ box.

Not sure how to do this, though, as I wouldn't want to just post publicly something that's destructive...although I suppose the bad people who do crap like this have plenty of sources where they can find info of this nature...so I don't know. Thoughts, anyone?
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Zip it up without a password and email it to me. I'll create a chroot jail to open it up in and take a look.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Mar 11, 2016, 07:21 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Okay, GG, thanks. Please check your PMs.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
      X