This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increased scholarships for Linux

The meeting in Austin is propitious............the Bar-B-Que there is........well........outstanding! Along with the food trucks! The nuttieness on 6th street!

ANY young person going newly to college would love it there........... lol there is even a sticker campaign..."Keep Austin Weird!" lol

The charter school thing will surely surge into the college.

Texas is a HOTBED of new and continuing jobs in Linux.

I was advised to go to "the Continental Club" to listen to an "old fellow" who knows the history of the town, and he was a hoot!

BUT, AT THE BAR.......I met a man who is actually SELLING a "DNA analysis" system that uses Ubuntu, AND a Linux 'security systems" guy and his wife.....

and that just by CHANCE! :0

http://www.wired.com/2016/01/linux-i...-for-everyone/

Eventually the Linux Foundation hopes to expand its scholarship program throughout the world, but it will start in Austin, Texas, through a partnership with job training and placement organization Goodwill Central Texas. The scholarships will be available to students at Goodwill Excel Center, a public charter school in Austin for adults seeking to complete their high school diplomas, and the Goodwill Career and Technical Academy.

Under the scholarship program, the Linux Foundation will offer eligible Goodwill students access to the organization’s Intro to Linux and Essentials of System Administration courses, as well as allow students to take its Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator exam, all free—just like the operating system itself.
    woodsmoke
Working...
X