Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OH NO!! SAY IT ISN'T SO!! Mythbusters LAST SEASON!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH NO!! SAY IT ISN'T SO!! Mythbusters LAST SEASON!

This really IS an interview worth reading for fans of the show.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/21...ding-interview

woodsadsmoke

Yes, so sad it's ending. It has been one of my favourite shows for years now. So many memorable moments from the show for me including the spectacular hot water cylinder 'rocket' and blowing up the cement mixer truck. Also, Kari Byron letting rip with a mini-gun, wow that was so cool!
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

IF I read that interview correctly they have been filming episodes for the final (2016) season all during this last season (2015). On his website tested.com Adam Savage remarked in an interview that he "was through" with MythBusters. They filmed for 40 weeks and he was tired. However, during the interview the phrase "the last season" was used in reference to 2015. So, was 2015 the last season or will 2016 be the last season?

There are so many re-runs playing it has been difficult to tell when a "season" of new shows start.
      Kari, Grant and whatshisname were let go three years ago so one way of telling a re-run is if the episode includes those three.

Cable is just finishing a 10 day 24 HR/day showing of MythBusters.
      I enjoyed the program. I'll miss it. However, there are great science videos on YouTube: SmarterEveryDay, VSauce, PBS Space Time, Veritasium, NASA, SpaceX and several others.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Dec 31, 2015, 10:19 AM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I actually haven't watched much since Kari, Grant & Tori left

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
        Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Yeah, I agree that the show lost something, but it was the decision of TNT who knew a year ago that they were going to pull the plug.

They are coming back for "one" of the shows as a farewell show.

TNT is actually doing the right thing by the show and not "just dropping it'. They gave the guys a season to produce what they wanted as a "swan song" and from the preview that they showed yesterday there is going to be more than just more ducktape and explosions,

The producers told Jamie that since what he REALLY wanted to do along was "just make stuff" they gave him a whole show and a hilarious thing happend!

He was very EMBARRASSEDLY (is that a word? ) LAUGHING AND GIGGLING about what he did.......rather amazing!

woodsmoke

Comment

Yeah, I watched the behind-the scenes special a couple days ago;

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
            Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Working...
            X