Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compatibility problems Chipset Intel Z170?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatibility problems Chipset Intel Z170?

Using Kubuntu (12.04 and 14.04) on my laptop since 3 years ago and now I am interested in buy the next desktop:

AMSI Z170A PC Mate. Chipset Intel Z170
    Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz
    Red V G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4 2400 2x8GB PC4-19200 CL15
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 OC WindForce 3X 4GB DDR5
    Samsung 850 Series 120GB SATA3 SSD Evo
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB SATA3
    Antec Kuhler H2O 650
    Tacens Gaming Mars Vulcan 750W Tacens 80 Plus Silver Modular Red

I would like to install on Kubuntu (14.04 or 16.04 when released) and dual-boot Windows 10 on the SSD.
    Do you think that will have problems with UEFI, graphics card and chipset compatibility with GNU / Linux? I searched google and in some forums say they give compatibility problems because it is a very new chipset.

I doubt that the CPU would present any real issues. Intel is very well supported in Linux. The GPU is were issues can arise, as the right proprietary driver isn't always immediately available.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Nvidia graphics card does not bother me so much, I want it to play games in windows. While the integrated graphics i7 run fluent my kde desktop in a good resolution, I can wait for the propietary driver for linux. Although I will not deny that I would like to see how the games work in linux.

Comment

Working...
      X