Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Mint, a terrible desktop distribution?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Mint, a terrible desktop distribution?

hmmmmm

woodsmoke

I dont know what hes talking about with the second monitor thing. Ive been doing that for years with no trouble. I am, however, very thankful that audio on Linux finally seems to be figured out. Not too long ago, I had to use a suite of bash scripts and panel icons to switch audio channels. Then veromix came along an that was better, but still a little weird at times. In Plasma 5, kmix finally became useful and allows channel switching.

Comment

Did you read the whole article? It is in praise of Mint.
      It's called sarcasm;

"I plugged a second monitor into my HDMI slot and it just worked. I have literally never experienced that since working with Linux since the days of Redhat 3. You've taken away a cherished time honoured tradition of having a terrible experience using a Linux desktop from me forever."

Comment

some people get reverse humour

some people don't.

lol

woodlikesreversehumoursmokeothersdon'tlol

Comment

Originally posted by Bammit View Post
          Did you read the whole article? It is in praise of Mint.
          It's called sarcasm;

"I plugged a second monitor into my HDMI slot and it just worked. I have literally never experienced that since working with Linux since the days of Redhat 3. You've taken away a cherished time honoured tradition of having a terrible experience using a Linux desktop from me forever."
          Of course I read it. He said he has never been able to simply plug in a second monitor and simply have it work, so hes "angry" that Mint has taken away that from him. I said that I have been able to do that without trouble for years, so I dont know why hes making it into a big deal.

Comment

This sort of cheeky article is not new. Some one makes one almost exactly like this every few years. Hell, I probably have posted something like this somewhere in irc, usenet, or a in forum over the past 15 years. An article based on someone's slightly humourous comment in redditt? Meh.

If I had my tattered tin foil hat on, I'd suspect this is just another example of native advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
              This sort of cheeky article is not new. Some one makes one almost exactly like this every few years. Hell, I probably have posted something like this somewhere in irc, usenet, or a in forum over the past 15 years. An article based on someone's slightly humourous comment in redditt? Meh.

If I had my tattered tin foil hat on, I'd suspect this is just another example of native advertising.
              Like this classic...
              http://www.adequacy.org/public/stori...2056.2147.html

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
              Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Working...
              X