This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Pidgin go belly up?

I used to use Pidgin a lot, and really liked it. I haven't wanted/needed an IM client lately, but did today, so I fired up Pidgin. I was met with a notice to delete my OldTwitterIM account and replace it with TwitterIM. I did. Then it fired up Chrome--don't know why/how it does this, since SeaMonkey is defined as my default browser--and asked me to log in to my Twitter account to grant it access, which I did. It provided me with a PIN to enter back in the client. I entered it. From that point on there's nothing but an endless loop of "authentication error" and trying to re-enable the account. I went to Pidgin's web site, pidgin.im, but that just results in errors.

Does anyone know if Pidgin is dead? I hope not, as I liked it a lot. FWIW, I have version 2.10.9.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
    FWIW, I have version 2.10.9.
    And what version of Kubuntu are you running?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      And what version of Kubuntu are you running?
      On this laptop, 14.04.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Well, you might want to move to another IM app before Pidgin hits version 3.14, that really will be the end!
        samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
          Well, you might want to move to another IM app before Pidgin hits version 3.14, that really will be the end!
          Okay, I even slept on it, and still have no idea why pi is involved here. What am I missing?!

ETA: Their site is accessible today. That's good! But their help section isn't of any help at all regarding my 'authentication error' endless loop.
          Last edited by DoYouKubuntu; Oct 25, 2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Well, if they make it to version 3.14 it will be "Pidgin pi"
            samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Well, if they make it to version 3.14 it will be "Pidgin pi"

Comment

Worth the wait?
                samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Indeed!

Comment

I was in a very silly mood yesterday...
                    samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

I was in a very silly mood yesterday...
                      Silly is good.

My cousin and I were recently reminiscing over something that happened some 25-ish years ago, when I was living out-of-state. My daughter and I were here visiting, and my cousin had come over to see us. My cousin and I have always been LIKE THIS--much closer than I am to my actual sister. And we've had a lifelong thing about giggling whenever we're together. So we were in the bedroom I was using and we were giggling about something--I mean laughing up a storm, tears rolling down our faces, the whole works--and my mom comes in and says, incredulously, "STOP GIGGLING! What do you want your daughter to think?!!" Which made us giggle even more.

Comment

have you tried kde's integrated telepathy ?
                        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
                          have you tried kde's integrated telepathy ?
                          No...but I'd like to!

Comment

since you already have it ... go to system settings -> Instant messaging and VIOP . there you can add accounts. in your system tray you will see a (on mine) grey circle this is the icon for the presence widget you can right click on that to change your status to online (it will turn green ) and also access your contact list.
                            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
                            X