Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu is a very valuable bridge out of Ubuntu. I can suggest people move to Kubuntu without too much disruption. Sadly most people's first experience is Ubuntu, but that's the way it is. Anyway remember Al Pacino's advice, keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. In Godfather III he also advises: never tell your enemy what your thinking. In other words the less you alert Mark Shuttleworth to your true opinion of him the better. Until we are in a more powerful relative position more "protest" is counter productive. Personally I try to to avoid any action that enriches Canonical.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Oliver View Post
      Anyway remember Al Pacino's advice, keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. In Godfather III he also advises: never tell your enemy what your thinking. In other words the less you alert Mark Shuttleworth to your true opinion of him the better. Until we are in a more powerful relative position more "protest" is counter productive.
      Heh, let's not get carried away here, open source development is not (or rather should not be) a sequel to Godfather

What we really need is transparency. This whole thing started because there was a lack of it in the dealings of UCC/Shuttleworth/Canonical, we don't really want to replicate that in the kubuntu community.

Things need to be as they appear to be (and vice versa), otherwise we are just asking for more problems. People tend to respect openness, even if they disagree. Cloak and dagger approach won't really work.

Comment

Congratulations claydoh! Though I'm a newbie here, from what I have seen, this highly coveted position you aspired to and achieved will serve us well. BTW, um, can you get me a Kubuntu (or Linux) T-shirt either in OD green w/ desert tan graphics or the reverse? I think I'd actually prefer the reverse. Thanks.
        Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
        HP15 -
        -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by logan01 View Post
          Congratulations claydoh! Though I'm a newbie here, from what I have seen, this highly coveted position you aspired to and achieved will serve us well. BTW, um, can you get me a Kubuntu (or Linux) T-shirt either in OD green w/ desert tan graphics or the reverse? I think I'd actually prefer the reverse. Thanks.
          Bwahaha!
          Don't picker up too much there

Heck I don't even have a Kubuntu shirt (not available in my size).

Sent from my LG G4

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            Bwahaha!
            Don't picker up too much there

Heck I don't even have a Kubuntu shirt (not available in my size).

Sent from my LG G4
            Oh yeah, seen it all before, get one of those high falutin' positions and forget the little guy. Congrats my man.

I caught my first glimpse of Kubuntu through my dirty Windows.
            Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
            HP15 -
            -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Congratulations to claydoh and the counsel, let's hope Kubuntu (and it's counsel) gain some well deserved respect.

Personally I have no problem Shuttleworth making money with Canonical but he has to respect the developers and users just as much as we have to respect the significant money he has poured in to Linux.
              Linux has never been a one DE fits all experience, there is enough place for KDE and Unity to coexist and it's healthy competition that keeps the actors sharp.

Comment

Working...
              X